lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-22-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Options for replacing FE350 in Carryall 2

I recently got a Carryall II from a government auction, and when I got it home, realized that the whole crankcase is blown out and the counterbalance weight is sitting on the engine pan next to the motor

That being said, I'd really like to get this running if possible, and would ideally like to find another FE350 (or 290) to drop in. It doesn't seem like they're available new anymore? I kind of want to avoid doing an involved big block swap and all that, because the plan is to eventually sell it.

Anybody know of a source for these motors, if there even is one? Appreciate the ideas.

Luke
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2021, 05:46 PM   #2
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: Options for replacing FE350 in Carryall 2

Superglue and pop sickle sticks to put the engine case back together. Then clean the carb. Should be good as new
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:55 PM   #3
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Superglue and pop sickle sticks to put the engine case back together. Then clean the carb. Should be good as new

That first thing I could probably handle.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:40 PM   #4
FloridaCart
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeL View Post
I recently got a Carryall II from a government auction, and when I got it home, realized that the whole crankcase is blown out and the counterbalance weight is sitting on the engine pan next to the motor

That being said, I'd really like to get this running if possible, and would ideally like to find another FE350 (or 290) to drop in. It doesn't seem like they're available new anymore? I kind of want to avoid doing an involved big block swap and all that, because the plan is to eventually sell it.

Anybody know of a source for these motors, if there even is one? Appreciate the ideas.

Luke
Luke I saw just today a guy selling a running fe290 in Jacksonville Fl. I saw it listed on a Facebook page called " North Florida golf cart parts for sale or trade" his name is David Hughes good luck.....
FloridaCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCart View Post
Luke I saw just today a guy selling a running fe290 in Jacksonville Fl. I saw it listed on a Facebook page called " North Florida golf cart parts for sale or trade" his name is David Hughes good luck.....

Appreciate the tip [emoji106]
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car