lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2009, 07:35 PM   #11
troper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: whining noise

I should add that when I press the brake pedal while driving it seems to work.
troper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dock98 View Post
the whining in my yammi is usually my wife wanting to go home.lol
seriously though,check your fluid levels in addition to what scottyb said.
my cart slows fast when i let off the gas also.Yamaha's do not idle.when you let off the gas the engine will stop.this is normal.
Dock...don't take her anywhere My whining comes from projects in the garage and Joyce has to leave her car outside!
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #13
troper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I figured out the growling noise is a missing damper on the engine mount. Should be an easy fix, but I have not attempted to change the input shaft bearing yet, sounds like it is more than i want to tackle.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
troper
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I fixed the whirring noise in the rear end, the brakes were adjusted way too tight. Runs great now. Thanks for all the help.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:50 PM   #15
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Remove the drive belt, put the cart in neutral and spin the secondary clutch in both directions , if it is smooth and no noise, its not your in your in the rear end, I had what sounds like the same problem and after doing the above steps discovered that it was coming from the input shaft on rear end, turned out to be just a roller bearing starting to go bad, hope this helps..
bogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
crash12888
Gone Crazy

IT sounds like you will be doing your own maintenance and repairs, and that's a good thing.
I would suggest picking up a shop manual for it and drop it in the basket beside the throne when the need arises for some good reading.
Best return on any money you will spend on it.

Edit: Welcome to BGW!!!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
bogeyman
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Put the cart in neutral, remove the drive belt, and spin the secondary clutch forward and back, if it sounds rough or feels rough it could be the bearings on the input shaft,check for play in the input shaft, I had the same problem with mine 1999 when i drove forward for a while and then shifted into forward the noise got a lot louder, the particles from the rough bearing would pile up in the direction change, also check the gear oil for metal particles, hope this helps
bogeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha