lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G1 oil pump

If I pre-mix can I remove the oil pump and gear inside the pump drive housing and just do away with either or both. I am in the middle of putting in new seals right now as I am sending this and need help please.
Calvin
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: G1 oil pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
If I pre-mix can I remove the oil pump and gear inside the pump drive housing and just do away with either or both. I am in the middle of putting in new seals right now as I am sending this and need help please.
Calvin
I don't know why guy's want to premix? Calvin, I would just remove the oil pump and plug the carb inlet and the muffler jet sensor. How's your pup doing? Later Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #3
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi Dave I have already plugged the air hole in the carb a while ago and got rid of the hose off the muffler. I am in the middle tonight putting in new seals and when I got to the clutch side I didn't know there were this gear box behind the clutch. And if I pre-mix I dont see why I need that extra gear turning and oil pump. The reason I premix Dave is I am running without a governor and run it mostly wide open. I was always afraid since I run it so hard the oil pump might not keep up and I'll burn out the cylinder.
Thanks Dave.
Calvin
Old 09-14-2009, 03:39 AM   #4
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sorry dave forgot to tell you about my pup ahaha she is doing great. I had one heck of a time getting the seal in on the clutch side tonight. I asked someone on here months ago he was sending to your email a complete way to change them but I never did receive the help so I attempted it on my own. I had one heck of a time getting the old seal out and the new one a hard time getting it in. I seen where I didn't need the gear inside the little housing or the pump so both were removed and I have that side all back together. Tomorrow I will attempt the other side no idea of how to set or mark the timing I heard you have to mark it so that you get it back together right. Guess I'll find out tomorrow. I will be posting a ton of pics tomorrow of the whole procedure so that hopefully it may help someone else if they do it. Here is my pup Dave. Have a great day my friend.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cnew8.jpg (43.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 09-14-2009, 04:49 AM   #5
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

If you remove the oil pump drive, you should leave the gearcase housing on the engine. The inner half helps retain the crankshaft oil seal and keep it from working its way out. I removed everything, including the case from one of my engines, and the seal blew out. No engine damage, because we shut it right down when it started making funny noises, but I had to order a new seal and tear it back down. Not a good thing to have happen if you use your buggy out in the boonies.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good Morning there GMB74, your exactly right after putting in the new seal I noticed that the inner housing does hold the outer part of the seal in and I did clean the housing up and also put it back on. I have another G1 that the seals are still good in it but now that I know how to do it I might just replace them as well. Have a good day there and thanks.
After installing the other side today I will be posting a lot of pics on here to maybe help someone else doing this.
Calvin
Old 09-15-2009, 03:18 AM   #7
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Here are some pics I promised about the seal replacement. Sorry its only the clutch side my other seal is perfect.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seal1.jpg (58.4 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg Seal2.jpg (51.3 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Seal3.jpg (46.9 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Seal4.jpg (49.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Seal5.jpg (45.2 KB, 47 views)
Old 09-15-2009, 03:19 AM   #8
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And here are some more.
Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seal6.jpg (61.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg Seal7.jpg (59.9 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg Seal8.jpg (54.0 KB, 50 views)
File Type: jpg Seal9.jpg (75.4 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg Seal10.jpg (71.8 KB, 55 views)
Old 09-15-2009, 03:20 AM   #9
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

And a few more. And what a difference in power and idol. A little work but was well worth it, I just cant get over the power this old 81 G1 has now I cant wait to gps its speed now. It flew before but now it will spin the tires pretty easy and tons of power.

Calvin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seal11.JPG (68.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Seal12.jpg (72.2 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Seal 13.JPG (61.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg Seal14.jpg (73.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg Seal15.jpg (66.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by ic746; 09-15-2009 at 03:24 AM.. Reason: Just forgot to add more info.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #10
Crazy Canuck
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

question about that oil pump. Just got my cart running again after doing the piston rings, bearings and seals. Getting a lot of smoke from the exhaust. What is the best opening for the oil adjustment. If you turn fully clockwise does that close the oil off. Also, the reason I,m getting a lot of smoke may be because I cooked the muffler. Need help, Thanks in advance
Crazy Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha