lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2009, 12:48 PM   #1
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default G-9 lift

I've been reading up on 6" lift kits for my G-9 gas buggy (as recommended, thanks!) and it seems the sellers are all recommending 10" offset wheels. Is it possible to use stock 8" rims with taller tires with lifts without causing a problem? Or do I heed offset wheels for clearance with 20" or 22" tires?
Will 10" or 12" wheels bolt on without modifications? How about wheels off a 3- or 4-wheeler ATV? Will the fit?
This is all new to me and I am so far up in the hills I have to drive 60 miles even to find a WalMart (unless I go to Canada - then its only 45 miles) so I don't have anywhere to go to check these things out without spending $15-$20 on gas! Part of the price I pay for "getting away from it all"!

Thanks,
Pat
TROUBADOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-09-2009, 07:41 PM   #2
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: G-9 lift

why bother with wall mart site sponsor all ship

If you put a lift with bigger tires you need offset wheels because the tires will rub on the tie rods

Best lift is 6 inches buy is jakes you can also get a complete economy kit from them it is very solid

I have made some lift before with 1/4 inches plates & spacers you can go 4 inches & buy atv noby style tire but try not to go to wide at the front

I believe bolt pattern is 4x100 some atv have the same bolt pattern in the older years

Good luck & welcome to the forum
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
loggerhead
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

if you put a 6 in jakes lift you must have a minimum of 10in rims for the kit to fit inside the rim on a g-9
loggerhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #4
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

cart de golf wrote "why bother with wall mart site sponsor all ship"

Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything about purchases, only trying to show my "remote" location to illustrate the problem I have of making comparisons or actual "hands on" viewing. I do try to buy "local" whenever possible to keep the "little guys" in business, and will go to the sponsors if there is nothing local. Places like the big box stores, while sometimes convenient, are not my top choice.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
TROUBADOUR
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Loggerhead wrote "if you put a 6 in jakes lift you must have a minimum of 10in rims for the kit to fit inside the rim on a g-9"

Thanks for that info. I guess i will look at something besides Jakes 6" then as I'm trying to keep it very low-cost for this winter. I want to stick with stock rims if I can (unless I can find a good used set) and 22" tires. I heard I can get 22s on my stock rims with a 4" lift so I might look at them. I'm still in the 'considering' stage and trying to look at many options and weigh the long/short term advantages of each as compared to costs. Right now my only steady income is my military disability so I'm trying to watch my pennies - I'm not afraid to spend, I just don't need a Cadillac when a Subaru will do. :-)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha