lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default no spark g8

ok i just rebuilt my g 8 and it ran fine for a couple days. i got home the other day and went to start it. turned over fine just wouldnt start. so i checked for spark and nothing i have been chasing wires and i cant seem to find any breaks but still no spark. i did notice my oil shutoff switch came unpluged but i pluged back in and still wouldnt start. any input on this would help the coil has never been an issue. i know that some times when they get hot the stop working. this was not the case for me it just stopped working completly never had any issues with it . so i have it narrowed down to pulser behind flywheel,coil.ecm any help would be great
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: no spark g8

It could a few things. Even a fowled plug. My first thoughts would be the coil if no spark is there. It could also be the ignition module on the side of the gas tank. Can you get anything at all from the coil itself?

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
lady bug
Gone Wild

Yamaha

i can put my finger in ther and no shock i also put a plug in the boot and ground it to the block and still nothing im lost on this one coil has never gave me any issues
lady bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:46 PM   #4
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

It sounds like a bad coil. Do you have current to the coil. Smallblock will know the best way to test the coil and correct current readings.

Here's some related links that may help: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/search/result-739679/

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha