lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #1
mayberry
Not Yet Wild

Default need help

Im getting ready to put new valve seals in and figure while Im at it do the valve guides as well. Does anyone know who would carry valve guides for a 96 g14 ? I cant seem to find any thing online.Are they even replaceable?Also what is valve clearence on intake/exhaust.Any additional info on this job that I might need to know will be appreciated.One last thing what is the sparkplug gap supposed to be?
mayberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2010, 06:54 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Default Re: need help

Any of our sponsors should be able to get the parts you need, give them a call.
This may help with parts lists.> http://www.tntgolfcar.com/yamparts.php?basemodel=G14A

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:05 PM   #3
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayberry View Post
Im getting ready to put new valve seals in and figure while Im at it do the valve guides as well. Does anyone know who would carry valve guides for a 96 g14 ? I cant seem to find any thing online.Are they even replaceable?Also what is valve clearence on intake/exhaust.Any additional info on this job that I might need to know will be appreciated.One last thing what is the sparkplug gap supposed to be?
In thirty years, I think I've changed 4 valve guides, just isnt that comon of a problem. I do recomend installing valve stem seals on both intake and exhaust (Yamaha on installed one on the intake side, but the exhaust side is machined to except one also). .004 both intake and exhaust (when engine is cold). spark plug gap, .028-.031, I would highly recommend only NGK-BPR2ES. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha