lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2010, 02:06 PM   #1
jkcdog21
Not Yet Wild

Question g-1 oil pump, working proplerly?

I recently started working on my g-1 and i did a complete rebuild on engine, I installed everything correctly. It runs great with the governer bypass, The problem i am having is i dont belive the oil pump is injecting it into the carb. I know this because i have new clear line running to it and the oil is only about halfway up the hose. After riding for about 15min the clear hose running from the pump to carb was kinda foamy and oil level was not visible in tube anymore, after letting it set for 10min the tube is still half full of oil and still not all the way to the carb. Any help would be appreciated!!!
jkcdog21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #2
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g-1 oil pump, working proplerly?

I just put the clear hoses on mine took almost a week for all air bubbels to get out. maybe take saringe and fill all the lines then run it. If you have to jack it up then run / see if oil coming out the line at carb.Hope this helps a littel.
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

You are correct that no oil is getting to your engine. Try bleeding the pump by removing the screw on the top of the pump.
Instructions are here:

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...-injector.html

Better squirt some oil into the carb to lube your engine before you ruin it.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #4
jkcdog21
Not Yet Wild

that is genius i would have never thought to use a saringe. This will help I will keep you posted after i try it
Old 03-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #5
jkcdog21
Not Yet Wild

the info on priming the oil injectors sounds very logical that answers all my questions for now i will keep you all posted and updated on my buggie and try to get some pictures after i paint it!
Old 03-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #6
jkcdog21
Not Yet Wild

i tried the saringe to fill oil line with oil, I blew into the line going to the exhaust and then crimpt it off, I then removed the screw and let idle (because i used someones advice and disconnected the black and white wire by the pedal), people say it is rare but i am almost going to have to call this oil pump officially bad. But its ok i mixed a little oil in gas untell i can go down to lake house and pillage one off the other motor. thanks for the help
Old 03-07-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Good deal glad it helped.
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha