lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #1
johnl1904
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default g2 clutch

hey there.. i have a G2 im working on for a buddy and he says its power and hill climbing performance has gone down drastically first question is should i focus on the driven clutch being the problem or the secondary cluch and secondly would replacing the clutch be a better idea or trying to rebuild it. any info is greatly apreciated. thanks!!!!!!!!!
johnl1904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: g2 clutch

the first thing I would do is a
compression test to rule out a
weak engine.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #3
Reid Hartford
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I would take the housing off the primary clutch and check the weights for damage. I took my housing off and it looked like someone beat it witha hammer. I also have a G2.
Reid Hartford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Right first make sure both are working right not broken/etc. If the belt is worn to near 1" it makes it climb worse. Take cover off primary and check the weights and links, it should (no belt) move in/out easily. I clean it and put a little chain lube on the pins and grease the center. The secondary clean around the spring and grease it so it slides on shaft inside spring good. Try that and see how it runs. Also check the pads on the ramps on secondary. If they are not shifting right you don't get your whole 9hp, it makes a big difference. Then check the tension cable under the generator pulley, tighten it to climb better but you will lose top speed if you go too far. Roughly at the right spot if you power brake it, it should slowly gain rpm and power, such as if you started on a steep hill on grass, it will rev and go but not rev on flat ground so much. If too loose it will bog on the hill. It mostly only affects it to a few mph.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha