lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #11
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: G2 engine problems

i think i will use the in line fuel filter, makes more sense plus i plan on using this cart for burning man once i get it mutated so being able to see the fuel and if its cloged would make it easier to trouble shot when out on the desert floor

btw there is a 5 mph limit out there, i was thinking of getting a tork spring to give me a little more low end pulling power but is there anything to limit the speed so i cant speed much more then say 7 or 8 mph at max with out causing more problems. As i understand going this slow will cause heating issue's so i plan on adding a fan to blow on the engine in hopes that will negate it some.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-02-2010, 01:44 AM   #12
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

According to the manual, you can adjust the governor from a minimum speed of 10 MPH to a maximum of 14. The governor is on top of the transaxle, and has an adjusting bolt at the end of the lever that is attached to the throttle cable. Move the adjusting nut out to lengthen the bolt, and the top speed is slower. Obviously, tightening the nut will raise the top speed.

So, how's it running now?
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:19 AM   #13
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

Still the same. Just waiting for my parts to come in the mail right now before I fiddle with it more. It's parked at a friends house right now.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #14
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Cleaning the carb by spraying carb cleaner is not enough. Blow compressed air (about 40 psi) through the fuel inlet (where the fuel line goes into the carb). Also clean the main jet ensuring that there is no dirt preventing the free flow of gas. Clean pilot jet. This is exactly what I did to my EZGO. It's now running great where before I was having problems similar to yours.
mannyvillegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:51 AM   #15
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

When I cleaned it I took the pilot jet screw out and soked it in the spray cleaner for a hour and blew into the fuel inlet (i don't own a compresser) along with spraying everything else sown and wiping with a towl. Is that not enough or should I take it off once more and do it agean?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #16
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you down the same with the main jet? Some dirt could be lodged in the very very small aperture.Better still, get a thin wire (but hard) and insert it through the small hole. That should remove small particle, if any.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:22 PM   #17
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

is the main jet the small screw pice inside the ahh cap of gas thing lol if so yes, they were both brass screws and after soaking i saw a little bit of particals floating in the fluid

and while i was messing around today checking different things i saw others have problems with i came across this

the cart still runs but this round thing seemed to wobble so i took the cap off and took a closer look

clearly one of the three...things is broken but i have no idea what it is called lol

any idea what it is by name and if i can get just the one part or is the whole thing going to need to be replaced

still waiting on the parts to come in to see if the new filter helps fix the choke problem, i fixed and checked a few things but after seeing the above problem i dident want to run it till it was warmed up till i get that part replaced/fixed

and is this the governor screw you were talking about steave?

Old 11-02-2010, 10:10 PM   #18
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

after some digging i found it to be called a Weight Link so i guess my question is can i get away with replacing just the one or should i replace all three lol
Old 11-03-2010, 01:23 AM   #19
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

You're making good progress on the G2.

Yes, that is the governor adjustment. If you back the nut out, your top speed will be slower.

You should replace all the clutch links. If one is that bad, the other 2 are probably not far behind! Clean and lube the rest of the clutch while you're at it.

Isn't it fun learning about your cart? Every time I tinker with mine, I find something new to research, or something else I want to do to it!

Keep up the good work!
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:15 PM   #20
mannyvillegas
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The 3 finger-like arms inside the primary clutch is called weight link and you can buy them per piece. But it is best to replace all 3. You need an allen, I believe 2mm. It is difficult to unscrew those small allen screws. You need to apply some heat..usually using a heat gun.

The weight links come with all the small things like washers. You may have to buy the "plain bolt" (forgot the term) as they could be worn out. You need 3 short ones and 3 longer ones. Make sure you grease the primary. There is a greasing point.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha