lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2010, 06:33 PM   #21
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Default Re: G2 engine problems

I used a propane torch, just hold the flame on the set screw area a few seconds at a time while you put some pressure on the screw, not a whole lot, and when it gets warm enough it will screw right out. Do not strip it! Cart will run way better with that working right, lube the center bushing, clean and lube the center bushing on the rear clutch too, make sure the belt is wider than 1", you will be surprised how much better it runs.

Oh yeah, I would lay penetrating oil on all those screws a day or two before you do it if you can.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2010, 11:29 PM   #22
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

what type of lube/grease should i be using?
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #23
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recoil View Post
what type of lube/grease should i be using?
The center should have a grease zerk in the edge of the sheave, should be one near the ramps in the other clutch but some old ones don't and you have to grease through the spring back there. Some say leave the pins and links dry, iirc the manual says that too, but I put super lube on them its a synthetic chain lube that does not pick up dirt very much. Since it has a cover that keeps it pretty clean I put just a little of that in each pivot not very much. Or you could use a light oil. Dont use something like wd40 that dries and gets sticky motor oil would be better. When done clean off any excess oil or grease you don't want it collecting dirt or getting on the belt, that would be bad.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:32 PM   #24
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

pulled apart and inspected the fuel pump and gas tank

pump looks clean and new

gas tank i emptyed down to like half a gal to check for particals, saw a little but not a huge amount, checked the fuel filter ...or lack of one haha

checked the belt its looks good, 1 and 4/10ths inchs think all most new im guessing

gonna order the in line filter when i order the clutch weights and re-clean the carb and jets plus empty and clean the tank it self on the inside when i get the parts and see if that fix's the choke issue since as of today it still die's when i don't use it after its warmed up evenheh

forgot how much i loved monkeying around on car's, its been a while lol
Old 11-06-2010, 01:25 AM   #25
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Sounds like you're doing good work on the G2. They are quite enjoyable to tinker with.

Let us know how she runs when all the new parts are in.

Have you checked the wiring? Especially the ignotor and the engine ground?

Isn't this site the best??!!
SteveRand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 10:24 AM   #26
GarMaster
Not Yet Wild

Here is my work in progress......still working on the choke issue....waiting for air filter parts to come in....any suggestions on the seats? where to get material ?

thanks......

DSC04446.jpg

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf cart camo.jpg (33.5 KB, 9 views)
GarMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:52 PM   #27
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

Lookin good GasMaster! Several site sponsors should have seat covers. If not, there are plenty on eBay. If your foam is still healthy, the new covers look awesome!

For those with G2/G9 lean mixture issues, the air box is critical in leeping the air.fuel ratio correct, especially at higher RPMs. The top warps eventually, and if it's not tightly sealed, the air leak will cause the lean issue. Make sure the rubber seal around the perimeter is in decent shape.

I made tie-downs for the top by cutting radiator hose clamps, attaching the screw ends to the lid, and the threaded ends to the box. Tightened the clamps, and it closed up perfectly! Mine is only slightly warped - like my mind, but several of the hooks for the rubber straps were broken off.

It also helps to have a clean carburetor, fuel tank, filter, lines, and pump.

Keep us posted, Recoil and GasMaster...
Old 11-07-2010, 12:39 AM   #28
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

hmm i think im gonna try that hose clamp idea, mine is warped and a few clips are missing the plastic part so ive been trying to use bungys and im not sure if its making a good seal

i noticed there are two holes in the box and im not sure if this is normal or missing a part? one on the bottom of the box that is round and a square one on the side facing to the right toward the engine kinda at the front of the box

ill take a pic of it and post it tomorrow

the wiring looks ok but ill check it tomorrow all so when i go over there, wouldn't it not work at all all the time if it was a ground?
Old 11-07-2010, 12:40 AM   #29
Recoil
Not Yet Wild

and yes this site and the people on it really do rock ive never seen a forum this helpful ever lol
Old 11-07-2010, 10:05 AM   #30
SteveRand
Yamahaulin' CC Rider

Mixed Breed

The square hole on the side is the air intake. I guess yours is missing the parts that fit into it. I think they are for noise reduction.

The round hole in the bottom is supposed to have a rubber plug in it. There are 2 round holes, 1 under the filter, and the other at the other end, both with the plugs.

If the lid is warped at all, it will not seal well with the rubber straps. If I can get my camera to work, I'll post pics of the clamps I installed.

The ground is probably OK, and it's under the flywheel, so it's not the easiest to get to. A dirty or loose connection anywhere might cause a weak or intermittent spark, especially at higher RPMs.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha