lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2011, 06:37 PM   #11
Rob52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: '98 G16 -AS blowing oil

bum?
Sounds like rings? Probably need to tear down and have the head cleaned up and new rings? Have to check that compression yet!!
Not having any tools or knowledge of this, I assume I can get an inexpensive gauge at auto store?
Also what exactly should it measure up to be?
Rob52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-07-2011, 10:46 AM   #12
Rob52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Whats bum?
I didn't have the proper tools with me so I wasn't able to check compression....the oil all over at base of valve cover and inside aircleaner and carb kind of pointing at oil rings? They don't exactly know how long they ran before noticing the low oil light on?? Don't think it was very long---BUT???
After they filled it back up the light wouldn't go out until I found the lead to it and unplugged it, it stayed off after I reattached it, not sure if it just reset it or what as I don't have a service manual for this cart. Need to get one from the refered site!
Old 02-07-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

One thing you need to be CLEAR on, The smoke, oil is coming fron the exhaust pipe!!! and not a oil leak some where. What ever the case your carb would suck the oil into your air cleaner and drip down on valve cover and create smoke. Pressure wash engine and run, blue smoke out exhaust, internal engine failure.
With what you said about the plug, sounds internal, but I would hate to advise pulling the engine to find out the plug had not been replaced in years and the valve cover gasket was leaking.

Good luck
Let us know what you find.
where is the cart (state )
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:57 PM   #14
Rob52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes I'm clear on that! I assume its sucking it in(OIL) and burning it because it is constant smoke from exhaust and the fact the plug was so bad, not after it heats up and burning on exterior of motor(as in a gasket leak). The motor and everything on the cart is brand new this past year! All the lines(breathers) were clean and clear.
I am pretty sure it is internal anyway, I pulled airbox and carb, cleaned, checked float, needle everything is clean and functioning properly there!
Next was to check the compression! And pick up a service manual for this model!

Its in MICHIGAN!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
Gearhead1956
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

check out this thread in gas yamaha.

G9 smokes fouls plugs, possible top end oil delivery problem
Gearhead1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
Rob52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I read it already!
Thanks
Old 04-02-2011, 06:18 PM   #17
Rob52
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Wink Re: '98 G16 -AS blowing oil

Finally got up here to work on this cart, cleaned up airbox and carb, fixed a split fuel line, then put a few ounces of SEAFOAM in the crankcase and ran her hard for agood half hour or so and she almost completely stopped smoking now!!
Changed the oil and it was pretty black even though the oil was very fresh to begin, fresh oil and its certainly not smoking at all... small puff at low speed start up, but nothing else from there on. Air box is free of oil from breather also..
Thanks for all the help!!
Seems to be running fine
Old 05-08-2011, 06:14 PM   #18
moonlightdj
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like EXACTLY what i have going on! I put an airbox on (was missing when I got the carcass) and installed a brand new air filter. Ran real well until this afternoon.. started losing power and didnt want to run at all. Changedthe spark plug and still almost nothing. Opened uo the air cleaner and the filter is soaked in oil! I guess i'll grab some seafoam tomorrow and another air filter. Wish Me Luck!

Heres the progress as it is TODAY.... hoping to get the other seatback done in the next couple of days...

CYA !!

Rich

IMG-20110507-00047.jpg

IMG-20110507-00048.jpg
moonlightdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha