lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-26-2011, 01:59 AM   #1
Rumblefish
Not Yet Wild

Default Yamaha Knock Off Parts?

I've done a little shopping around and i'm being told that there are differences in the Yamaha parts available from dealers vs. online vendors that have knockoff parts. Namely the voltage regulator i need for my G9. Anyone had any negative experience with buying parts online and getting bad ones?
Rumblefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-26-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha Knock Off Parts?

If you buy from one of the site sponsors, deal with confidence. If you have a problem, they will take care of you. They care about their business and support this site, and we care about them and support them. The aftermarket parts I have used are of good quality and seem to work fine. I have no specific experience with the voltage regulators, however.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
jwhranger
Gone Wild

No experience with voltage regulators, but I did buy a carburetor from an online source that was NOT a site sponsor and when it got here it turned out to be a chinese copy. Works great, but no carb kit available. Would be nice to be able to get a rebuild kit for it, however I lost the needle from the carb when I was cleaning it out, tried to get a kit for it or a needle and the supplier here in the US could not find one. They contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a whole new carb for free...can't complain about that really! Sorry this doesn't pertain to electrical components, good luck.
jwhranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:56 PM   #4
toadady
Gone Wild

Yamaha

got some knock off engine mounts for my g2, one broke as soon as i bolted it in, the other three broke in a year.
toadady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
DustyWolfe
Not Yet Wild

jwhranger, likely what you got is a clone carb. is basically gonna be the same as the 20mm mikunis that come on these. basically what you need to do is figure out what its a clone of and parts for that will fit. a vm20 is probably a good place to start. just compare pics until you find a match. also as far as the jets go theres only really a few different types of jet for each circuit(pilot, main, and needle/seat). btw i know this is off topic
DustyWolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #6
hos
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I bought some front shocks off ebay last year for my G16- lasted a whopping 2 weeks on the course until one started puking oil. Went with aftermarket Chinese adjustables this time around.
hos is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha