lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: 02 Pioneer 1200 driveability problem

That makes sense Rom! good suggestion!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #12
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romrok View Post
Re the carb shaft. I find it happens alot, the carts I service are in dusty conditions, and sometimes when I wash them down with carb cleaner I get a similar sticking. These carts depend on the carb being fully closed to start correctly.
I get a nice fitting screwdriver and slowly turn the screws out of the butterfly, remove the shaft, clean the seat out for the rubber seal, give the shaft a light polish on the wire wheel and reassemble.
A fine blade screwdriver and a tap with a hammer will lock the screws again, dun tap too hard or will bend the shaft a bit and jam it up. If that happens tap from the butterfly end in the shaft center, it will free up again.

Goodluck,
Rom
Thanks Guys,
I was going to try to do that but the screws are staked and I cut out about half the threads out of one of the holes before I relized it. So I just screwed it back in and was able to get it snug so I called that good. The ultrasonic cleaning helped the dragging. Without the cable on carb it just about pulls the butterfly closed everytime but when I hook up the cable it drags enough to hold the carb open. I will let you know how it goes later today.
Seafarer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:42 PM   #13
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

I think I got it worked out. I adjusted the throttle cable. It was almost all the way out. I went ahead and cut the zip tie off the governer but it isn't adjusted right. I still hit the rev limitor. That will be a project for another day. I also changed the plug. It is like a different machine now. It doesn't get up and go like the gators I have at work but that has a lot more engine behind it. It feels like it is lacking bottom end. I might have to send the clutch off to get machined. Thanks, for all the input guys.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 PM   #14
Seafarer12
Gone Wild
Club Car

After dealing with it for a month a gave up and bought a new carb, Wish I had done it earlier. It runs like a dream now. 90 bucks well spent.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car