lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-02-2023, 09:40 PM   #11
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Bolt Energy Lithium Batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
@Augiedoggy, A $1200 materials cost battery will at least double in cost by the time it gets to the consumer, even more if there’s a dealer involved. Businesses have costs which need to be added to each battery. Only after these costs are added to the battery material cost is the true profit known, and it’s not the ‘huge markups” you think. We’ve had this discussion here before so I won’t labour on it further.

Also, agree that there’s nothing wrong with using B grade cells for carts, as long as they’re new.

UNO battery’s marketing department (if they even have one) is very shonky. First they make outlandish claims on their website in regard to performance, then come on here to argue the point and push their product, masquerading as customers. Did they really think that everyone here is that ignorant as to swallow their claims?
Yes we did touch on this discussion before... I have a business which manufactures and sells a product.. im aware of how overhead costs work.. As far as I can tell, it shouldnt be anywhere near $1000-1500 per battery. If it really is, somethings wrong with their business plan. I never mentioned any "huge profits" here but simply put theres wiggle room for the prices to come down with competition. Currently the going price is more like $2600-2800 for just the battery. and yeah I realize the dealer gets a chunk of this if purchased from one.

For most of these battery packs, there is no real manufacturing done here.. Maybe assembly in a garage or warehouse with a couple employees... sure you have packaging and documentation and yes marketing whether it be a distributor/ dealer but thats about it unless they plan to sell many batteries a day which is unlikely.

And thats only if they arent just buying them premade in china which is what many of these companies are doing. In fact you can find dozens of these using the exact same enclosure that the bolt battery uses on alibaba from $900-1500 each (some will even paint and label them for you with a minimum order reached to do so.) and we already recognize all the accessories like the charger solenoid and the reducer which are also just being purchased and resold also.

The warranty is the largest cost liability for them and if they are smart they will have some of this covered by the actual manufacturer.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha > Lithium Yamaha