lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-12-2016, 04:48 PM   #1
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

Default Cable lengths for batteries, motor, etc

Does anyone have a spec sheet for battery cable lengths, and all the other cable lengths for for an Ezgo Txt? I'm replacing all my cables to the motor, controller, fr switch, solenoid and batteries. It seems someone replaced all of them before and they are all different lengths. Thanks.
Bkfiremedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:36 PM   #2
Lochlin
Gone Wild

Default Re: Cable lengths for batteries, motor, etc

You making them yourself or ordering them from somewhere? If you are making them it may make sense to take off the cable you are replacing and get the length you need by holding the new cable in place to allow for how you are routing things.

If you are ordering them I would think that most places would have the lengths unless you were going with a non-cart provider.

To be honest, cables are pretty easy to make and doing it yourself will save you some dough.
Lochlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #3
mondo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes^^^^^ I find it funny that some sites charge so much more than others.
mondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:42 AM   #4
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

I am making them myself. BUT the previous owner had replaced some and the lengths are all over the place, a few are a lot longer than they need to be. Like I have 2-6" cable for the batteries themselves and2-10" (too long). They can all be 6". The same goes with the cables to my motor, fr switch, controller etc. trust me I can prob shave 2 feet or more off the overall length of the cables on my cart. I pulled them off yesterday and measured them. I was only asking if anyone had the specs for lengths to compare then to what I have. And yes cheaper to do myself, I have $70 into all the 2 gauge cable and the lugs.
Old 03-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #5
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkfiremedic View Post
And yes cheaper to do myself, I have $70 into all the 2 gauge cable and the lugs.
Wow, you did good. I've got about two hundred in materials in mine. I did decide to go with the best aircraft cables and terminals. Probably a waste.

Are you going to silver solder the terminals? Based on some Imput on this forum, I plan to. I have all the tools from AC work. If not for that, I think buying ready made would probably be wise decision. Just one bundle of silver solder is $100. In fact, if not for my cart having two batteries in the well, I would have bought a ready made kit.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #6
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
Wow, you did good. I've got about two hundred in materials in mine. I did decide to go with the best aircraft cables and terminals. Probably a waste.

Are you going to silver solder the terminals? Based on some Imput on this forum, I plan to. I have all the tools from AC work. If not for that, I think buying ready made would probably be wise decision. Just one bundle of silver solder is $100. In fact, if not for my cart having two batteries in the well, I would have bought a ready made kit.
check home depot I think I spent about $25.00 for a roll of silver solder,
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:11 AM   #7
Helirich
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
check home depot I think I spent about $25.00 for a roll of silver solder,
I should have gone there, ha-ha. Actually, for the Refrigeration work, I like the straight rods. The minimum purchase doesn't really bother me as my wife has lots of refrigeration equipment at her resteraunt.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 11:58 AM   #8
Bkfiremedic
Gone Wild

So I found a website with the lengths they sell in a kit. This is why I was inquiring. The total overall length of my cables when I measure them is 309". Is you add up the total length of the kit it is 229". That is telling me I have 6 1/2 feet more cable on my cart than I actually need.
Attached Images
File Type: png image.png (233.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO