lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
Rocky-top10ec
Not Yet Wild

Default Just lifted a Drive, now is stalling

Hey guys! New to the forum, regardless I just lifted my drive (2012), with a madjax 6 inch lift. It will move 2 ft and then shut off, same in reverse. I put it in tow mode for like 3 minutes and click it back and it moves for another 2 ft. I have checked all cables. Cart was fine before lift. I can jack up the motor and raise the rear wheels off the ground and I can run the cart for as long as I want, as soon as it has resistance from the ground it stalls out again. What gives? TIA
Rocky-top10ec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 09:57 PM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Just lifted a Drive, now is stalling

Welcome to the forum!
did u disconnect the batteries during lift? You may have accidently crossed a wire effecting the controller. Soon a experienced tech will show up
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 10:06 PM   #3
pricebk
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Make sure the U bolts on the rear end at the spring are tight and not letting in turn and pull the brake cable. I have see that before.
pricebk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2016, 07:02 AM   #4
Rocky-top10ec
Not Yet Wild

I didnt unhook the batteries. No U bolts on the rear just the strut bar and the almostn v shaped piece of metal. It is acting like some kind of sensor is shutting down the motor because it does not like the new gear ratio with the new wheels/tires also, failed to mention the new 22" tires.
Old 07-03-2016, 09:44 AM   #5
Rocky-top10ec
Not Yet Wild

I put the stock wheels on and it did about 15 ft before shutting down. Completely baffled. Nothing is even getting warm
Old 07-03-2016, 04:37 PM   #6
fltekdiver
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Did you check the motor wires, maybe lowering the rear axle to put the lift in the rear, pulled the wires or something.

Try re-tracing all your steps, check if any wires are grounding out, something happened, more likely in the rear, where your working right next to the motor
fltekdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha