lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-09-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

Default 95 ezgo medalist problem

Have a 95 medalist with series motor 36 volt that will not run. Solenoid clicks and batteries are all good. It just died while driving. When I do the controller test I have voltage consistently on b1 m1 even when pedal is not pushed. Is the controller the problem? Motor is brand new.
bluecat00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 ezgo medalist problem

ttt
Old 07-11-2016, 08:30 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

You will find troubleshooting guide for this cart here on my website > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/ezgo-troubleshooting.html

If solenoid is clicking, do the controller output test M- to B+ and the throttle signal test
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 01:17 PM   #4
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

When I do the M1 to B+ test I have 36 volts even if pedal is not compressed. Does this tell me my controller is bad?
Old 07-11-2016, 04:00 PM   #5
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

ready to order some parts from some vendor if they are willing to help.

Thanks,
Old 07-11-2016, 04:43 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Bribery works

It takes a few tests to confirm a bad control. WHich is why I sent you to my troubleshooting guide at http://www.cartsunlimited.net/troubleshooting-.html

You must remove any pre-charge resistor and verify the battery main 36+v is on both sides of the solenoid when it clicks. this will give full pack voltage at B+ to B- and if you press the gas just enough to click the solenoid closed, you will have 36+v between M- and B-. Now slowly depress the pedal and watch this reading go near 0v. if yes the control is working. If no the inpit signal from the pedal must be checked... I'm just repeating what's on my website.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:39 PM   #7
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

I did exactly what you told me to do. What results are you wanting? Solenoid checks good. Removed resistor and when I leave red on b+ and move the black probe to b- and me- I get full voltage. When I depress the pedal the voltage drops very slowly. I have read your troubleshooting guide like 5 times
Old 07-12-2016, 10:13 AM   #8
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

ttt
Old 07-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The controller is working. the throttle signal is working. the solenoid is working.

Most likely the trouble is bad contact in the F&R switch or a bad cable end. Less likely but possible, bad motor.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #10
bluecat00
Not Yet Wild

I replaced the f & R switch about 8 months ago to an HD one and also replaced the motor at someone else's suggestion and it didn't work. Thanks for your help but I hope you can see why I am getting frustrated. The F&R switch looks good and the cables are all heavy duty. Is there an easy way to test the F&R switch with a volt meter? I really appreciate your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO