lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
rlager
Not Yet Wild

Default 1993 Club Car Help

Everyone, my uncle recently bought a 36 volt v glide 93 club car, it worked fine up to a week ago. For some reason it just died on him and without fully testing the entire cart, he went a bought a new 600.00 motor for it. Guess what- it was not the problem. I told him I would post something up here looking for help. Can anyone provide us a start to finish troubleshooting guide that we can use to isolate his issue? For the time being, I advised him to not buy parts without us testing to ensure them first. rdg45@att.net
rlager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 1993 Club Car Help

always start with the basics.....batteries and cables, make sure batteries are charged and cable ends are clean and tight......does it do anything? soleniod click? ................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The first thing you will need is a DVM capable of reading in the 200DCV range. Any big box store will have one. Then we can walk you through a few tests.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
rlager
Not Yet Wild

We have plenty of DVM around and the solenoid does click and the bank of batteries is about 37.5
Old 07-02-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

ok have you tried jumping soleniod?...........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #6
rlager
Not Yet Wild

This is what we did tonight:
Read all the battery voltage separately, ranged from 6.28 to 6.33. 37 volts across the entire set of batteries. While we had all of them disconnected, we cleaned and inspected the cables and battery posts, all look good.
We tried the solenoid jumping this evening, had no luck.
We then moved over the the Speed Switch Assembly, we found that all the connectors had a lot of corrosion on them when we took them apart. The microswitch tested fine. The speed switch itself had variable resistance across the range. any other suggestions?
Old 07-02-2011, 10:33 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Check all cable connections at motor and controller etc, there are about 27 cable connections counting the batteries... any one could be the culprit.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #8
rlager
Not Yet Wild

I removed each connection on the batteries and cleaned them. We also removed and cleaned every connection on the F/R switch, V Glide, and solenoid. I inspected the controller connections and they are all tight. However, my uncle made a quick sketch of the solenoid before i got there and had the diode reversed on the drawing and we ruined it. After I got everything back together we blew a microswitch, so we robbed the reverse buzzer switch. We didn't realized the diode was backwards until we fried 2 microswitches. So we need a couple of items before we continue. Oh, he bought a Schumacher battery load tester and the were all on the fringe of good. Hopefully, the diode and switches and us cleaning the connections will fix it up.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car