lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
cwheat
Not Yet Wild

Default Replacing rollers in primary clutch in G-16

Hello,
Have read in several posts that the rollers can be replaced without removing the clutch assembly from the engine. I have a new set of rollers but cannot see how to get them out. Is the spider supposed to slip out of the guides after the main bolt is removed. If so mine is very tight. Any guidance will be much appreciated.
cwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Replacing rollers in primary clutch in G-16

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwheat View Post
Hello,
Have read in several posts that the rollers can be replaced without removing the clutch assembly from the engine. I have a new set of rollers but cannot see how to get them out. Is the spider supposed to slip out of the guides after the main bolt is removed. If so mine is very tight. Any guidance will be much appreciated.
Sorry, I have never changed them in the car, I use a special clutch puller tool and repair in a vise. Maybe this will help, The spider is "screwed" onto the fixed sheave. Once you take out the bolt, you would somehow have to "lock" the primary sheave (I've read some take out the spark plug and stuff sting into the cylinder to lock the rotation of the engine) then you would need to unscrew the spider (counterclockwise). There is loctite in the threads, so it will be tight. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
cwheat
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the reply. I do have a puller coming this weekend. I will probably pull it out so I can see it better and do it in a vise. The part about unscrewing the spider makes sense after you mentioned it. Thanks again for the info.
cwheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #4
FIXEROFCARTS
Gone Wild

There are other things you need to look at otherwise you could be replacing rollers in a short period of time.

The clutch "face " is important, if it is worn bad, then it allows the "fingers" that hit the rollers to go out straighter (is that a word) and will help to make a wear point on the rollers. Those "fingers" also get worn, and if the ends are worn down, that too can cause the same issue, so look close.
FIXEROFCARTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha