lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-09-2016, 08:16 AM   #1
sefaber35401
Not Yet Wild

Post Finding a "Bad" Battery

So I'm still working on this fast discharging/car won't fully charge issue. .... last night i checked each battery, and they read between 6.0 and 6.1. The total pack reads 49.6V. when charger is applied, the volts rise to 51.2V ams steadily rise. All water levels are full. ....

Any other ideas on how to identify my problem? i saw someone mentioned in an earlier thread about replacing the "brushes" in the car. ...not familiar with that?

thanks
sefaber35401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-09-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Finding a "Bad" Battery

The pack should reach 58-63v near the end of the charge. A fully charged pack should read 50.9 12-24 hours AFTER the charge has ended. This is the settled or retained charge.
Once the settled number is recorded. Attach the voltmeter to the pack and accelerate uphill. Record the low voltage reading.
Now do the same test with the meter attached to each individual battery.
Record the low reading for batteries Number 1-6 and post these 6 numbers here.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 08:58 AM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefaber35401 View Post
So I'm still working on this fast discharging/car won't fully charge issue. .... last night i checked each battery, and they read between 6.0 and 6.1. The total pack reads 49.6V. when charger is applied, the volts rise to 51.2V ams steadily rise. All water levels are full. ....

Any other ideas on how to identify my problem? i saw someone mentioned in an earlier thread about replacing the "brushes" in the car. ...not familiar with that?

thanks
Keep in mind two things that 6.0 to 6.1 volts is closest to f'ing dead and voltage readings with the charger applied more or less count for nothing.... Follow Scotty's lead and charge then test as directed....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 09:38 AM   #4
rib33024

Welcome to BGW

Can you tell us what batteries you have in the cart? is this 6 - 8 volt? or 8 - 6 volt batteries? And are these the batteries that came in the cart, or has there been a new set installed since 2010. If this is the batteries that came in the cart when it was new. It's time for a new set of batteries.

Ok i went and read your other thread about the same thing. You have two threads about this problem. If the plates were exposed then yes your batteries are toast. If your batteries were not fully charged when it got down to 28 degrees then the batteries are no good. A fully charged battery will not freeze
And you haven't put water in these batteries in 6 months? that is not good
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO