lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
ctathrt
Not Yet Wild

Default Newbie needing help

Just bought a very cheap G2E and wanted to have a hobby of restoring as best I can. Female and handy with most tools It has a resistor coil and plate and I have read about a conversion kit to modernize it. I had the engine sent and rebuilt at Plum Quick. Does anyone have a step by step instructions on how to convert this old cart to a solid state or does someone know of a you-tube video to assist me in this conversion. Seems like I can get the conversion kit from Cartsunlimited just not sure how hard or easy it is to convert. Thanks in advance for any help, this is a great site.
ctathrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Newbie needing help

If you order from scottyb im sure he will give you complete instructions and available by phone. IF not then plenty peeps here to hook u up. Others have done the conversion so u could always search for them.

Really i think setting the pot and controller in your cart would bethe most difficult but not hard by any means. If your handy you can handle it.

Consider a reversing contactor too,then mount everything closer to the motor to get all the amps you can in shorter cable runs.

You can handle it so get the conversion then post the steps with pics so others can learn from you!
Best wishes e
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha