lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-17-2016, 09:17 PM   #21
cmykpro
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Better headlights for YDRE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Those bulbs specs show 177 lumem, if You have 2" behind the headlight, these are 3300 lumem each:

http://www.amazon.com/Optix-6000LM-L...5%3A2470955011
You also have to install an extra box and piss off everyone at the campground ;)
cmykpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-22-2016, 11:20 PM   #22
nickybobby16
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The lights in my kit are 3.5" lights. I searched around and found some 3.5 round LED made by Rugged Ridge. They look like they will fit but I have yet to pull the trigger on them because they are a little pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nickybobby16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 09:47 AM   #23
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Hi Boosted. How did you attach your light bar to the front bumper on your YDRE? Did you get inside to put on a nut? I got one like yours and I am going to mount it this weekend but I realized that the bumper isn't open in the back.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 12:09 PM   #24
Boosted1200
Not Yet Wild

I just used a black wood screw.

Screwed it into the plastic just don't over tighten it. Mines very solid so I thought I would leave it like this for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boosted1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 01:45 PM   #25
kev2504
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I have the LED's and they are good. I think it would be nice to have both, with 2 switches. That way you can have bright, and super bright.
Looks good.
kev2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 03:02 PM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. I will try wood screws for now also.
Old 03-09-2016, 09:21 AM   #27
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I got some H3 LED bulbs and tried them out on my cart in place of the Halogen bulbs that were in there. Unfortunately even though the LED bulbs are nice and bright, they are too long and most of the light is way forward of the focal point of the reflector. It does not make a focused beam at all. Very bummed about this. I can't figure out any reasonable way to mount these bulbs further back. I will have to switch back to the stock bulbs but I will upgrade from the 35W to 55W bulbs.

These are the ones I got that don't do the job: https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...wer/2263/5146/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha