lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 ezgo motor problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by taterm6x View Post
Haha. Thanks. Could I have done harm to the controller by hooking up this motor and testing it out?
No Harm done, did this once myself when I was 8 yrs old.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2016, 01:51 PM   #12
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

I hate to spend the $75 on a used motor if something else is wrong...I really wont know until I get the series motor in. The batteries are 5-6 years old but seem to be ok at this time. The cart at least creeped forward and reverse so I should be good. Would you take the chance and buy the motor?
taterm6x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 04:27 PM   #13
270Handiman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

For $75 you don't have much to lose. That's about as cheap as anything you'll buy for the cart.
270Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:14 AM   #14
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 95 ezgo motor problem **update**

Well, Results are in. New (used) series motor works like a champ!

Still have problems though. That "scrubbing" noise is still present and is loud. I was thinking input shaft bearing but i dont know. its weird because under full throttle it sometimes is normal and when you get to speed or ease up on the throttle it gets pretty loud. I was going to take the input shaft out and spin the bearing but after taking the snap ring off i cant get it pulled out. Not sure how deep i want to go into this.

Kinda stuck because on one hand I feel it may be a motor alignment issue and the other i feel something is wrong in the rear carrier.
Old 04-01-2016, 07:09 AM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Is there a spline bumper installed?
The mating splines on the motor shaft and input gear shaft can chatter if one isn't installed.
https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Spline-Bumper.html

-------
If the input gear shaft has never been removed, the far end bearing on it can be stubborn.

Try wrapping the input shaft splines with leather or heavy cloth to protect them, clamp on some vice-grips and gentle tap with hammer. Heating differential case with hairdryer may help also.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 07:38 AM   #16
taterm6x
Not Yet Wild

yes, I did verify that it has a rubber bumper in the shaft of the motor. Its not really a chatter. This is more of a heavy roar when letting off the accel. and sometimes a lighter roar during accel. Ill try the vice grips this afternoon and pull the shaft. It definitely sounds like its from up top rather in the lower chunk.

I'm still wondering about armature alignment. this was a 1990 motor put in a 1995 cart. I would think the mounting is all the same. The service manual refers to aligning alignment marks to mount the motor. I cant find those.

Tags
95 ezgo motor problem
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO