lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-10-2016, 02:54 PM   #1
Commander2100
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Default 12v wiring in 36v cart

Rebuilding a 2002 Cushman Commander 2100se. It's up and running. We've figured out the headlights and taillights but can't get the brake lights figured out. The switch on the pedal seems to be working but the taillights do not get brighter when the pedal is pushed in. Also, there are extra wiring connectors under the hood that don't seem to have a mate. Pics are of these connections.uploadfromtaptalk1468180439762.jpguploadfromtaptalk1468180446983.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Commander2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #2
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 12v wiring in 36v cart

I think those are the turn signal hookups. I had ones that looked similar in my dash and that's what they said they were for. If there in another area maybe not the same thing?
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:56 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

As stated the connections behind the dash are for an OEM turn signal kit.

Are there wires zip tied to the brake pedal arm ? (should be two). If so can you see them on the other side of the firewall (foot rest) Should be spade connectors there.

Also, do you know history of cart. Maybe someone put the wrong bulbs in the tail lights. Need to be dual filament (1157 I think)
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:37 PM   #4
Commander2100
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

Turn signal wires make sense. The wires that were zip tied to the pedal were cut right by the switch on the back of the pedal. We moved the switch because the springs on the pedal were worn out. The switch was rewired so that, when the pedal is pushed in the switch is disengaged, the brake lights come on and when the pedal is let go, the switch engages and shuts off the brake lights. We made sure it would work this way with a meter but there's no power making it's way back to the lights. The bulbs are dual filament.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:05 AM   #5
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The right dual filament though? There probably half a dozen bulbs that may fit but they may not work right?
Old 07-11-2016, 08:49 AM   #6
Commander2100
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

One of the lights is original and the other one I ordered new from ezgo so I'm assuming they're the right bulbs

Old 07-11-2016, 09:44 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So If I'm reading this correctly, you have power leaving the switch but not getting back to the lights? If true then there is a break in the wire(s) between the switch and the light housing. Have you run separate temporary wires back there just to test? What am I missing?

I have a TXT with original factory wiring system including brake lights. I'm the original owner. Not the same model as yours but should be the same wiring system. Would it help if I described the tail light wiring connections--color coding etc?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:18 PM   #8
Commander2100
Not Yet Wild
Cushman

We've decided to just run new wire all the way back. There's got to be a break somewhere in the harness

Old 07-12-2016, 12:30 PM   #9
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If a temp wire solved the problem this is ually the easiest fix and the right one to do. I have done this many times when chasing wireing gremlins.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO