lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2016, 10:51 PM   #1
Kingman
Gone Wild

Default Speed Code 5 ???

Is there such a thing? Also l need dome more speed.

Thanks

2010 Precedent. 2010
Alan
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2016, 07:46 AM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: Speed Code 5 ???

I have heard of it. Been meaning to get one to see what it actually does. It sounds as though it plugs into the diagnostic port of the control so it legitimately does something to the parameters.

It probably adjusts the field mapping...likely to a range it shouldn't be operated in unless you want to fry your motor.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 08:27 AM   #3
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Yes there is such a thing as a Speed Code 5 but it only works on a specific number of carts, do your due diligence and look it up....

And PH is an EXCEL cart so no cheap Speed Code 5 for you nor Speed Magnet either....

Your only cheap speed is from a Speed Code 4 or a bit more for a Plu Quick Bandit Motor...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 09:18 AM   #4
mjroman20
Gone Wild

I don't see how this thing could provide both more torque AND speed. According to the webpage it claims a 20% increase in torque and speeds up to 22mph with stock. With a 1510 already being set at its maximum current, where is this extra torque is being magically generated from? Has anyone here purchased and used one of these things? It sounds like a bit of a sham.
Old 09-15-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Even though the guy that designed the code 5 has been banned from the site, I don't want to give away how it works or how one can ripoff his device.

There have been enough posts of people that had issues (or installation problems) that You could figure out what he is doing, but basically the additional torque is coming for changing the motor curve in the Curtis controller so it is working outside the "safe" commutation zone as defined by OEM specs.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:07 PM   #6
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Oddly that is what some people want...I have had folks tell me they "want it faster" and despite my explaining the risks and what would happen they essentially just tell me "please blow up my motor"
Old 09-15-2016, 12:23 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
Oddly that is what some people want...I have had folks tell me they "want it faster" and despite my explaining the risks and what would happen they essentially just tell me "please blow up my motor"
They say that until they let off the gas rolling 30 mph downhill and the armature comes through the case locking up both rear tires and shooting shrapnel into their backside.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

The unit does work. It will give you more speed and it will give a little more torque. You can see the speed increases but the torque is hard to tell.

I had the unit and it did work. All that said I would suggest you go with a controller upgrade and be done with it. I have the Curtis 350 amp on my cart it is plug and plan gave me more speed and torque.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 03:31 PM   #9
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Kingman,

A controller upgrade can give you both torque and speed, depending on which one you selected. The Alltrax XCT controller will give you much more torque than the factory controller. It also gives you more speed because it isn't designed to limit your speed below 20mph like the factory controller does. Both the XCT300 and XCT400 can be used with the factory motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 11:29 PM   #10
Kingman
Gone Wild

Is this a better way then a Plum Quick motor, Bandit

2010 excel 12 Prec Ph 1020- stock tires

6x8 troj 875 4yrs

I am not handy would rather a pro do whatever is needed.

Thanks

I do not have a truck. Live by 85 exit 126 near Chateau Elan

Last edited by Kingman; 02-06-2017 at 11:30 PM.. Reason: Adding
Kingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car