lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-28-2019, 09:25 PM   #11
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Default Re: 1982 gas ergo does nothing when peddle is pushed

I found a couple of issues. Still won’t start. There is only one connector to the back of the fuse holder. Is that correct? Thanks
hot-shot is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2019, 07:08 AM   #12
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

What were the results of your tests?
Did you get it to turn over?

I wouldn't spend any money until we know exactly what is wrong.

My fuse is inline from the solenoid to the key switch, so it has a wire on each end. The fuses mounted in the FnR switch may be wired in a different way, but there still needs to be an input, and an output.

You said he was riding across a field when it quit. I highly doubt that more than one thing broke at the exact same time.

I need to know exactly what you found before we can go any further.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:44 AM   #13
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Battery voltage at the battery 12.4 Large lug at solenoid also 12.4. The fuse is located at the bottom of the F/R switch. There are two prongs at the back of the fuse holder. Hot side of key switcho was 12.4. Zero volts with key switch off. I could not check both sides of the pedal switch due to its location. Tried to remove an both studs that hold it to the frame snapped due to age. I was able to then check both sides. It seemed to have varying voltage. I followed the black wire back to the solenoid and voltage was 6.2. I also checked the connection from battery to frame. Thanks
Old 03-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #14
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

On the left side of the forward reverse switch, is another microswitch that is identical to the pedal switch. It's for the reverse buzzer. If the buzzer isn't important to you, they can be swapped. Golf cart king and other sponsors sell them too.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #15
hot-shot
Gone Wild

Whe7i say pedal switch it has like a little silver button. When the pedal is pressed it appears to let the button open and complete the circuit Thanks
Old 04-03-2019, 04:31 PM   #16
mygift31
Not Yet Wild

I had a similar problem. Now when I put the cables on the battery, it wants to try and start whether or not the ignition is on or off!
mygift31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO