lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #1
jysessoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 99 EZGO Electric HELP!!

I believe I have a 99 EZGO electric ( Model Number is L299) It says TXT on it. We have brand new batteries, has been running great since we got them. we were running around, stopped to talk with the neighbors, went to press the gas and felt a little vibration then nothing.... now when we hit the gas we hear a "click" but nothing. backup beeper still works, just wondering if anyone knows where to start and if you can direct me to a wiring diagram! Thank you so much! I love the forum by the way! I have been a stalker for a while! LOL You can also e-mail me at jysessoms@aol.com

My kids thank you in advance!
jysessoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 99 EZGO Electric HELP!!

We need to know if you have a fleet cart or DCS a DCS cart will have a run/tow toggle switch on the black controller box cover and the fleet will have a metal linkage rod from forward/reverse lever.
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #3
jysessoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

It has a metal rod coming from the forward/reverse switch under the seat... does that help??
Old 04-16-2009, 04:16 PM   #4
eadavis
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

You have a fleet or series cart. You can look in the sticky threads and find a wiring diagram
eadavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #5
jysessoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you! I found the wiring diagram. I actually got the cart to go, but only for a second. when hooked up to the charger it says it is charged fully. But, you drive it for one minute and it dies again. The last time even the back up buzzer would sound weak (Like it was going to die) when pressing the pedal, then all of a sudden it came alive and took off. When I stopped it would not go again. All cables look good, no visible melting or anything crazy. Any clue??

( PS - just read the thing that said don't put HELP!! in the title - OOPS!)

Thanks for any info you can share!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #6
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: 99 EZGO Electric HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jysessoms View Post
Thank you! I found the wiring diagram. I actually got the cart to go, but only for a second. when hooked up to the charger it says it is charged fully. But, you drive it for one minute and it dies again. The last time even the back up buzzer would sound weak (Like it was going to die) when pressing the pedal, then all of a sudden it came alive and took off. When I stopped it would not go again. All cables look good, no visible melting or anything crazy. Any clue??

( PS - just read the thing that said don't put HELP!! in the title - OOPS!)

Thanks for any info you can share!
Make sure all the battery connections are clean and tight. Check your battery pack voltage. If all good, then start looking for bad or loose connection...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:35 AM   #7
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Buy a digital multimeter and spend 10 minutes learning how to use it. Best tool a sparky owner can have. Give each cable a good tug and twist. One might come off in your hand! Normally, when a cart shudders like that it is voltage related.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #8
jysessoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

THank you so much! I will get the meter and check the cables again and let you know!!
Old 04-21-2009, 07:27 PM   #9
jysessoms
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

OK - so my husband was a little hard headed and would not go tug on the new battery cables because he insisted they were new (we just bought them 6 months ago). So i took it upon myself to do it. WHAT DO YOU KNOW!! YOU WERE RIGHT one came off in my hand!!!!!!!! He fixed it and it is running like a charm! this was one second before we were going to load it on the trailer to take it to the shop. You probably saved us hundreds of dollars. Thank you Thank you Thank you!!

Oh did i say Thank YOU!!!

My kids thank you so much!

Jamie, Marty, Skylar ( and Lukas (22 months)
Old 04-21-2009, 08:00 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

You are very welcome! Glad you got the buggy sorted out. Now, let's see some pix!
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO