lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2019, 03:17 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 1989 Ezgo gas cart fuel issue??

If the fuel isnt pumping and the fuel pump is good, it's probably either the o ring where the pump mounts to the motor case, or crank seals
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2019, 11:11 AM   #12
Joeymust91
Not Yet Wild

Sounds like a not fun but cheap job lol. When I pulled the pump, i put my finger over the pulse hole on the block and was getting a good pulse. O ring looked good as well.
Joeymust91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 11:30 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Ok that's good news for crank seals then :)

Run a new fuel line from the pump "in" and drop it into the gas tank submerged in fuel. Run a new line from the "out" into a Mason jar. Spin the motor over and see if it takes fuel from the tank and fills the Mason jar. If not then it's either a bad pump, or not enough pulse (crank seals). If you can feel the pulse good with your fingers I would suspect pump first.

If it does fill the mason jar, then plug the new line onto the tank pickup tube. If that works, new lines and you're good. If not, then your tank pickup is either cracked or clogged.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 06:42 PM   #14
Joeymust91
Not Yet Wild

You the man!!! I will give that a try I. A couple of days and get back to you all. Thanks alot for all the inputs!!
Joeymust91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO