lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-28-2020, 09:29 AM   #1
TheScott
Not Yet Wild

Default 2016 G29: Speed Upgrade - Best option for neighborhood hills?

I recently bought a 2016 fleet G29 100% for cruising around our neighborhood, going to the pool etc. While it does fine, as everyone knows it is slow on hills. My neighborhood is hilly more in terms of long gradual hills as opposed to steep hills. Currently it cruises around 12/13 mph on flat surfaces but on these hills it drops to around 9 mph.

From what I am reading the PTV code will help me on flat surfaces, but will do nothing for these hills. I am not looking to fly up the hill, but I would prefer to keep a decent speed mainly for safety.

Is my best option going to be the Alltrax? If so, should I be looking at the 400 amp?

I am a Jeep guy and understand lifts, gears, etc, but all this electronic stuff is like a foreign language to me.

Currently my cart is bone stock except for a rear seat and light kit. I do plan on eventually putting a larger, 22" max, tire on there.

Thank you for your input.
TheScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2020, 12:12 PM   #2
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Re: 2016 G29: Speed Upgrade - Best option for neighborhood hills?

Plowmans riot kit or riot kit junior.

You can do an alltrax only but it will eventually blow the motor, could be a month, could be 3 years.
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #3
TheScott
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac921ol View Post
Plowmans riot kit or riot kit junior.

You can do an alltrax only but it will eventually blow the motor, could be a month, could be 3 years.
Unfortunately that is a little out of my price range right now. I know eventually it will have to come to that but for the time being I have to piece this together.
Old 04-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScott View Post
Unfortunately that is a little out of my price range right now. I know eventually it will have to come to that but for the time being I have to piece this together.
Then there's nothing you can do/afford right now. Dont get those tires until powertrain is upgraded, or your really gonna hate it.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 03:19 PM   #5
TheScott
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Then there's nothing you can do/afford right now. Dont get those tires until powertrain is upgraded, or your really gonna hate it.
So it would be a waste to only add the Alltrax 400 amp and heavy duty solenoid right now? Tires/lift are going to be the last thing I do once I am satisfied with my cruising speed around the neighborhood.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Oh, I thought Alltrax was out of the budget. XCT-48400-ydre & solenoid would be good, but dont forget that all 6g cables on the cart have to be replaced with 4g when doing this upgrade. As mentioned above, the stock motor is on borrowed time with an upgraded controller. The Alltrax has tons of built in protection, when the stock motor dies, it wont take your new controller with it. It will help alot with torque.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #7
TheScott
Not Yet Wild

Thank you cgtech. I would prefer to go through a club sponsor for this, does any of them run package deals for the cables, controller and solenoid?
Old 04-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #8
LPnTX
Gone Wild

Call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts. He'll get you set up nicely and service is second to none
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScott View Post
Thank you cgtech. I would prefer to go through a club sponsor for this, does any of them run package deals for the cables, controller and solenoid?
LPnTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 07:59 PM   #9
gable74
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPnTX View Post
Call Don Plowman at Plowman's Carts. He'll get you set up nicely and service is second to none
Do they have an email address? I could not find one, only a phone number.
gable74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha