lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-26-2022, 07:20 AM   #21
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 3month old Extreme team 100ah,48v bms failure?

It was chilly night for us in Florida, probably around 50F though. So I wouldn’t think it is the cold weather ailment .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
Any idea what the temperature was when that happened?
mnealuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-26-2022, 07:21 AM   #22
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

I agree, the fault reporting of this Daly BMS is fairly poor. I equate it to a check engine light in a car that goes away once you turn car off. 🙂

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I don't understand how it can be tripping without any faults showing. I wonder if the BMS has custom firmware in it that is faulty.
Old 02-26-2022, 08:52 AM   #23
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnealuf View Post
I agree, the fault reporting of this Daly BMS is fairly poor. I equate it to a check engine light in a car that goes away once you turn car off. 🙂
Agreed, it seem like this BMS is a POS.....
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 02:10 PM   #24
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Agreed, it seem like this BMS is a POS.....
It's prettier than the rest of them but it is still a POS.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 04:03 PM   #25
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

I no longer use or recommend Daly BMS’s. Having said that, the couple I did try definitely reported fault conditions correctly, hence my comment about faulty custom firmware in there.

It’s not really a POS, it does its job correctly, can handle massive currents but my two problems with it are its cell balancing limitations and its inaccurate coulomb counting, otherwise I don’t mind them.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 05:30 AM   #26
mnealuf
Not Yet Wild

Pat, Is there a way to reset the bms via the app when it is tripped? That would be better than pushing cart home and plugging it in when (if) it happens again. I am bummed because I am scared to use the cart Incase it flips out and trips for no reason again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
I no longer use or recommend Daly BMS’s. Having said that, the couple I did try definitely reported fault conditions correctly, hence my comment about faulty custom firmware in there.

It’s not really a POS, it does its job correctly, can handle massive currents but my two problems with it are its cell balancing limitations and its inaccurate coulomb counting, otherwise I don’t mind them.
Old 02-27-2022, 06:31 AM   #27
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Daly BMS’s normally reset themselves when the fault condition is removed. There’s normally no need to plug into a charger.

Having said that, the normal way of waking up a BMS that doesn’t start itself up is to apply a slightly larger voltage to the BMS charge port than is on the battery. That’s what plugging a charger in does.

I haven’t tried this but next time it trips you might try connecting a 1.5v battery across the B- and C- ports on the BMS. Any small battery will do (AA, C, D etc.). Place the positive on B- and the negative on C-. That should wake it up. If it doesn’t work then you may need more than 1.5v so try 2 batteries in series to give 3v.

Let me know how you go please.
Pat911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 08:33 PM   #28
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have you tried increasing the sleep time like I suggested in post#4 of this thread?
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 06:55 AM   #29
Beerdude77
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
Have you tried increasing the sleep time like I suggested in post#4 of this thread?
When I did that for mine it immediately shut the battery down when I made the change to the sleep time
Beerdude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 02:53 PM   #30
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerdude77 View Post
When I did that for mine it immediately shut the battery down when I made the change to the sleep time
I tried it to mine and it seemed to take it. I replaced my DALY BMS with a new DALY BMS that Extreme sent me and everything seems to be working well now.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car