lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-05-2023, 03:14 PM   #1
LJC2001
Not Yet Wild

Default Big Battery

Howdy Folks.
My cart gets minimal use around the farm except for the occasional hurricane then it's hook up the wagon time and fetch debris and cut logs. Has anyone tried these? Just getting ready to pull the plug. Just need some advice. My cart is a CC DS and time for batteries. This price point looks affordable considering what others go for.
https://bigbattery.com/
LJC2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-05-2023, 11:01 PM   #2
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Big Battery

Might help to know which battery your considering.. they have numerous models.
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 06:48 AM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

As AD stated....it would be helpful to know which battery you're looking at. They have a 36V 64AH that is just over $1,100. But upon further review of the battery it has a "Dislcaimer" that "most" carts require two of these to batteries to run. So....double that price to $2,200.

The max continuous discharge is 115A with a max peak of 300A. This is probably fine for a golf course run of 18 holes or more....but you stated you use this cart for hauling a wagon that can be loaded with logs ect.

I'm thinking the limitations of 115A continuous and 300A-6 second max may not be enough for your purposes.

Then again.....it's all pure speculation on my part not knowing the voltage and setup of your cart.

BTW, installing two individual lithium packs is not the recommended thing to do. If you go that route you "should" charge each pack individually to prevent the cells from getting to far out of balance.

Read through this thread https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...ht=big+battery for some information on a lithium upgrade.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:10 AM   #4
augiedoggy
Gone Wild

If it's 2 packs wired in parallel in doesn't have the same balance issues as say 3 12v batteries wired in a series. Im
augiedoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:02 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedoggy View Post
If it's 2 packs wired in parallel in doesn't have the same balance issues as say 3 12v batteries wired in a series. Im
That's an excellent point. I think wired in parallel would also get you twice the amp draw limitations?

So, instead of 115A max continuous you would get 230 max continuous? Also double the max 6 second peak discharge?

But getting two drives the cost to $2,240. Not exactly in the "cheap" department.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:14 AM   #6
Ronno6
Gone Wild

Hi,
I installed the HSKY 48v in my '98 CC DS and it required a bit of modification.

https://buggiesgonewild.com/showthre...g+battery+hsky

Then the BMC died about 1 year later. I had to remove the battery and ship pack to BB...they paid shipping both ways and replaced the BMC.
Their service was good, outside of the hassle of removing, packing and awaiting the return.........

But, other than that, so far so good....
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 10:45 AM   #7
Fastest1
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I run 2 Eagles and 2 Sur Ron's all in parallel. The maximum output I have seen on a meter is around 400-420amps for a brief moment 1 driver unloaded. I saw Fentertainment running 4 and gets wheelies. I can lift the wheels but only an inch or so. I am also running 205/40-17's. Going AC and higher voltage in the next cart. These packs have a resting voltage in the 54v range.

And btw in parallel you do double the available amps in burst or continuous just as suspected in the above posts.
Fastest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:13 AM   #8
LJC2001
Not Yet Wild

48V 2X HONEY BADGER - NMC - 56Ah - 2.4kWh
$1,251

10 Year Warranty
Applied To Batteries Only

🔍

SKU K0530

2 × 48V HONEY BADGER - NMC - 28Ah - 1.2kWh
$760 $490

1 × 48V 110V AC 17A Lithium Charger (50.4V DC)
$221

1 × Parallel Busbar
$35

1 × 6AWG 3FT BB175 to Ring Terminal Cable
$15
Old 02-07-2023, 10:14 AM   #9
LJC2001
Not Yet Wild

This set up gives you 56amh. Is that enough?

My cart is an all-stock Club car 48v unit. I do not plan any mods just need power and tired of flooded cells. As far as log hauling goes it is usually branches and palm tree debris. I have a tractor for the big stuff. Also flat terrain in Florida.
Old 02-07-2023, 02:22 PM   #10
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

NMC is usually 58.8V charger (14S) It looks like they are doing a 12S setup which IMO isn't ideal.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car