lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 03 club car 48v wont move....

The Dreaded IQ !!! Garry you better take one of these home and take it apart They are at the age where they have come off lease by the thousands & into the public world. The IQ is a more complicated system. When they go bad it is harder to pinpoint where the problem is...
I am not an expert by I have messed with a couple of them.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2009, 03:35 PM   #12
wtw2nd
Not Yet Wild

so its safe to say: start replacing components til it works?? lmao, oh boy....
wtw2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtw2nd View Post
so its safe to say: start replacing components til it works?? lmao, oh boy....
No it is not. I did that on my 03 IQ and I went thru ....
2 controllers
2 MCOR
2 Solenoids
2 obc
2 motors
2 speed sensors
2 million hours of troubleshooting and 1 new wire harness ..... and that was it , the wiring harness was bad..... that cart would run alittle and cut out over and over???

Tell the whole story on this cart history and any trouble symtoms to today's problem..... we got time on this one.....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #14
wtw2nd
Not Yet Wild

ok, here goes, parked it about 3 weeks ago, just made it up under the deck when it ran out of juice. Charged it up last week, nothing working--no lights--no power nothing. Figured it was charger not working. Opened up charger, said "ya ok" then put cover back on. Checked fuses, found the one from voltage reducer fried, replaced it, lights worked but still nothing from motor, step on pedal, nothing, no sound from buzzer when put it into reverse. Found in-line fuse by charger receptacle, changed it. Put charger on it, charged overnight, lights nice and bright but that was it. Undid cables to the six 8v batteries and checked each individually, all were ok-each read over 8.3 on digital reader, put cables back on. Checked all as a pack, meter read 50.3 i think. Replaced solenoid, still nothing. Hooked up test light, getting power to 'ignition" switch, reverse buzzer on dash, getting power to both sides of large poles on solenoid, when key is on--getting power to small poles on solenoid. Touched A1 & A2 on motor, test light illuminates there to. Started to check connections on harness, all seemed tight. Here I am begging for help....
Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #15
wtw2nd
Not Yet Wild

Starting to think I should take this to the dealer...THANK YOU to everyone for your help, I really appreciate it. Can't wait to get your feedback about upgrades
Old 09-21-2009, 03:36 PM   #16
wtw2nd
Not Yet Wild

well, took it to a dealer, they did diagnostic check, they're telling me its the controller. Now I got a question for you folks,: is there an upgrade to the controller ? and is it worth while to upgrade? looking to get a little more speed and/or torque from it seeing as i am starting to pacl on the pounds LOL
right now I have a Curtis 1510-5201 if that helps. thanks again every1 for your help with this.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:38 PM   #17
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Ask them to return your old parts to you. Could you tell if it was yours or not?
Had a bad dealing once.........just saying.....
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:15 PM   #18
wtw2nd
Not Yet Wild

Nah, everything there, i'm more bothered by Scotty letting out the old "dreaded iq" !!! LOL
Old 09-23-2009, 06:01 PM   #19
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Yep this would be a good time to upgrade to a Alltrax DCX programmable controller
Get at least 400 Amp around $500 with resistor and diode.
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 PM   #20
svitale
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

wtw2nd its been a long time but did the new controller do the trick for you? I have a 2003 club car that is doing the exact same thing as yours.
svitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car