lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #11
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: gas vs electric

I wish I could get a reman engine for 550. Thats mighty cheap.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2010, 05:32 PM   #12
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can do it even cheaper yourself I built my 350 pre mci for half that. Even threw on a ported 295 head.
Marathon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:55 PM   #13
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
I think cranking the govenor is dumb. If your not careful you will fry the motor. A rebuilt motor runs about 550. High speed gears are less than the cost of a rebuilt motor. I have high speed gears with a 28 degree clutch and the yamaha belt and I have not problem climbing anything.
How can the engine get harmed when it has a rev limiter? I can understand the rear end, but the engine? I rebuilt my engine for $220 and currently have the governor cranked as far as it will go. The governor limits the rpms at the tires and the rev limiter limits the engine's rpms.

I don't want to mislead anyone if I'm wrong, but both opinions are routinely expressed, and I'd like to know if I'm wrong.

Adam
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:15 PM   #14
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The gas pedal is linked to the govenor by a cable. The adjustment is at the end of that throttle cable that's the govenor. There's a linkage that goes to the carburator from the govenor. When you crank it it decreases the effect of the govenor. Allowing more rpms out of the engine.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Marathon Man
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You have to have more engine rpms to have more tire speed and its never good for and engine to hit the rev limiter often. The ignition has to cut out at a point but any rpm near the limiter doesn't mean its safe either
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO