lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2010, 07:11 PM   #1
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default PRIMARY CLUTCH ROLLERS-OLD vs NEW

1997 G16a I'm planning to replace the bad rollers in my primary clutch and was wondering if anyone knows the size differences between the old flanged rollers vs the new unflanged rollers. I assume I should be getting flanged rollers for the old spider, but not 100% sure. I have seen some rollers for sale for the old spider that don't look like exact replacements (that is they are not flanged). Also, if I would opt for the new spider/rollers what other new parts would I need? Is it advisable to replace pins & slides with roller replacement? My old rollers & spider seem to work smoothly, just big flat spots on the rollers. Thanks in advance for any help. Ray

P.S. - Should I use a dry moly lube on rollers, slides, pivots or just go "DRY".

Last edited by bigstik40; 09-24-2010 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: Make title font bigger
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: [B]PRIMARY CLUTCH ROLLERS-OLD vs NEW[/B]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstik40 View Post
1997 G16a I'm planning to replace the bad rollers in my primary clutch and was wondering if anyone knows the size differences between the old flanged rollers vs the new unflanged rollers. I assume I should be getting flanged rollers for the old spider, but not 100% sure. I have seen some rollers for sale for the old spider that don't look like exact replacements (that is they are not flanged). Also, if I would opt for the new spider/rollers what other new parts would I need? Is it advisable to replace pins & slides with roller replacement? My old rollers & spider seem to work smoothly, just big flat spots on the rollers. Thanks in advance for any help. Ray

P.S. - Should I use a dry moly lube on rollers, slides, pivots or just go "DRY".
What a great post You can buy the Yamaha spider/roller kit for 133.00 or aftermarket roller's for ?dollars. Will the aftermarket rollors work in the stock spider?, Yes. No need to replace the pins (unless damaged)/sliders/weights. I recommend no lube on rollors/pivots..only want grease on the floating flange bushings. Do not over grease the clutch.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
bigstik40
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: PRIMARY CLUTCH ROLLERS-OLD vs NEW

Thanks for the quick reply, Smallblock. I guess I'll go with some flanged aftermarket's and put er together dry (except for shaft slider). I was looking at rollers on E-bay but those aren't flanged, so I'll pass. Thanks again -Ray
bigstik40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 09:44 PM   #4
chompy
Getting Wild

Default Re: PRIMARY CLUTCH ROLLERS-OLD vs NEW

The old flanged rollers were updated by Yamaha to the thicker unflanged rollers because the flanged rollers wore out to quickly.
chompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha