lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-10-2011, 07:57 AM   #11
tdcanada
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: hei coil

Im trying to post a pic of the coil I used. but it was a threaded post type, with Pos on the left and Neg on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coil.jpg (8.6 KB, 14 views)
tdcanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

thx td. i may have to go that route ( $ )

i now have found at summit a really good looking yellow one. very simillar to mine, but only two terminals.

Last edited by madoc1; 01-10-2011 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: more info
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #13
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

TD, that's the exact coil I used, where did you find yours?
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

brew, that coil is from a chrys. v6 among other apps. i believe. this one i found at napa online today and may go with it.
pn#mpe 1c24sb. $19.95
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 501360.jpg (7.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 01-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #15
seahunter
Not Yet Wild

You can test for correct polarity of the ignition coil by using a voltmeter. Connect the negative lead to the (-) negative terminal and the positive lead to the engine block.

Set the meter on the highest volt range (these connections are the same whether you have a positive ground or negative ground electrical system). The secondary winding's polarity, which you are testing, is determined by the combined hookup of the battery and primary windings.

Crank the engine over (do not start it) and the needle of the voltmeter should show an upward swing to the plus or positive side (do not worry about taking a reading). If the needle swings down to the negative side and gives a negative reading, your coil is hooked up backwards. To correct the polarity, simply reverse coil primary leads.

A coil with reversed polarity will have about a twenty percent lower output which may not show up at idle and low rpms, but can cause an engine to miss or stumble under load and at higher engine rpms.
seahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #16
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

thx everybody, autozone said they will take back my original coil purchase. i am going to pick the ic24sb coil tomorrow. (93 mustang 3.2).
will let you know how it works.

jim
Old 02-20-2011, 11:09 PM   #17
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by madoc1 View Post
brew, that coil is from a chrys. v6 among other apps. i believe. this one i found at napa online today and may go with it.
pn#mpe 1c24sb. $19.95
I have been trying to get this in my head and I have a Question. with the coil positioned like in the picture in madoc's # 14 post what side of the coil connector goes to the HEI {C} connector and what side goes to the solenoid. I hope this is not a dumb question. I just cant figure it out.I want to get the parts to do the conversion and would like to know how to connect the parts first.

Thanks

Chuck
Hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #18
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

the coil i finally got was for a 90 4cyl. mustang. it is marked + -. the +goes to the sol., the - to the - on the module. in the pics + is on the right, with the green wire.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC01376.jpg (66.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg DSC01390.jpg (101.6 KB, 29 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 AM   #19
Hardatwork
Gone Wild

Club Car

Thanks that takes the mystery out of the conversion for me. It looks like you have a new plug wire were you able to purchase just one wire or did you have to get the complete set. also which CONTROL MODULE did you get.
P.S. Very nice looking install.
Thanks

Chuck
Hardatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #20
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Chuck - you can pick up single wires at NAPA for a couple of bucks (depending on your local NAPA, they will even build them to length for you while you wait) OR you can do what I did and buy a full set on Ebay for under $10 and have a few spares (I had to pitch 3 that were too short but the rest are fine)

I used an Accel 35361 Module on mine (again, Ebay, $18 plus shipping) - just be sure that you clean a good mounting spot on the frame for the module and make sure to mount it securely, as the frame will act as a heatsink to keep it from overheating (they get REALLY hot). The coil TDCanada shows above is the same high-output coil I used, $16 on Ebay including shipping and puts out an AMAZING spark with the HEI module
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO