lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2011, 12:18 PM   #41
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with 88 Marathon

Yea, I can't keep'em straight either. I believe the drive clutch is on the engine. Driven is on the rear diff.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #42
MFD622
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, and the drive clutch is the one, Pachanga, is saying to replace if its the one making the rattling noise.
MFD622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #43
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

smoked the cluch oh no, hey is their much differents between a 92 ezgo gas and a 93
doozerann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 12:47 PM   #44
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I think their the same 4 stroke engine, doozerann.

I think it just depends on how you use it. I come from riding 25- 40 hp ATVs & dirt bikes. Lets face it, these carts are not meant for the things some of us are doing with them. My 18 yr old cart was fine till we started horsin around with it off road & in the snow. Then I found the weak links on it, eg; low horsepower & aging clutch in my case.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:04 PM   #45
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

HaHa ya the 4wheeler moves the boat around better than the golf cart. i'm going to build a lift kit for my 93 and wondered if would be about the same as yours
Old 02-10-2011, 01:26 PM   #46
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yea, I believe so. Coils in the rear, leaves in front, right?

I am working on my own cart now. Last winter I put this block lift on the cart & have been using it all year. This winter I'm doing an engine, & suspension upgrade. In the coming week or two, I will be unloading some of the old stuff, eg; lift kit, 4 stroke engine, stock front axle, etc. Possibly all 4 wheels & tires. The lift worked fine, I just want the cart to look & act more like a quad than a cart.

Not sure where your located, but may be an option for both of us when the time comes.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:47 PM   #47
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Ya, i'm in indiana, just uploaded some pics
Old 02-10-2011, 04:59 PM   #48
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good stuff, doozerann. Your where I was last winter. Stock cart, older, dirty, some rust but whole & ran fine. I pulled it all apart, painted it, recovered the seat, mounted a roof rack on it, lifted it, bigger tires & rims, etc. Learned a lot doing it myself. And we loved tearin around the neighborhood on it all summer. Looks like you need to hit it with the pressure washer, knock some of the dirt & rust off it, determine what is good or bad, and what you want the cart to do, and start accumulating some parts for your build.

This fall some good friends of ours moved about 2 miles away on the other side of the lake. I want to make the cart so we can rail over there safely & at the speed of traffic (25 mph) with 2 - 4 people on it. There will easily be entire weekends that we never touch the cars, just the cart or boat.
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 PM   #49
pachanga90
I Refuse To Get Stuck!!!

E-Z-GO

Let me try to clear up some of the confusion.The Drive-Clutch is the one on the engine.The Driven-Clutch is the one on the axle.If you have an original OEM ez-go clutch,the most you can repair is the spring,unless someone recently came out with parts.The spider that the weights mount to is not removable,due to the way it is pinned(trust me i tried),so if the spider or the sliding sheave are damaged or worn,its' done.If you have an Ez-Go factory replacement clutch,i think there are some parts availiable but not definite.If you have a Comet-Clutch,there are parts availiable for some models.The Driven-Clutch is pretty much fully serviceable,as long as you can get the hub off(this can prove interesting)Shimming clutch springs increases tension which increases engagement/shifting.When you shim the Drive,you increase engagement-speed and low-end torque,due to higher rpm at engagement.By shimming the Driven,you delay the clutch opening(shifting,which keeps it in Lo-Range longer to give more power.By removing the shim between the sheaves in the Driven,you close the gap in the clutch,forcing the belt to ride higher in the clutch,effectively lowering the Lo-Gear ratio,increasing torque(pulling-power).These Mods help greatly with 22" tires,Trust me.Hopefully this Helps.
pachanga90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #50
doozerann
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

ya the high today was 8, sounds like what i want to do to mine. we have a river camp and plan on doing the same thing, i also have a 85 ezgo with the2 stroke motor so it the best of both worlds. i posted a pic of my 85
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO