lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-03-2011, 03:55 PM   #1
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default compression

how much compression should my 82' 2 Stroke Robin Engine have. my has 95 i saw a video on you tube and a rebuilt one had 150. does mine need rebuilt? it runs good on flat land not so good on hills has a new clutch and belt.

i'm in it this far mite as well go alittle deeper
camojfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #2
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Default Re: compression

Quote:
Originally Posted by camojfk View Post
how much compression should my 82' 2 Stroke Robin Engine have. my has 95 i saw a video on you tube and a rebuilt one had 150. does mine need rebuilt? it runs good on flat land not so good on hills has a new clutch and belt.

i'm in it this far mite as well go alittle deeper
Guess it depends on your compression.. I am not sure what the book says, but
should be a reference on here somewhere..might have to dig a little, or Google it.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #3
EC-Cartman
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I believe a 2 Stroke motor must have a minimum compression rating of at least 100 to 125 pounds per square inch to operate properly.

I may be corrected on this.
EC-Cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 PM   #4
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

95 psi is low but the bottom line is that if you are happy with the performance then 95 is perfect. That little engine was never that great at climbing hills as it was designed for the fairly level playing fields of a golf course. A newly rebuild and run in engine will give you ~130 psi and cost you around $200 to do. It's your call but if you are generally happy with it I would be tempted to leave it alone.
Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:16 PM   #5
camojfk
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

thanks for the replys i would like to get alittle more power out of the engine i see there's acouple of kits that are .25 over stock would this help?
camojfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #6
csason
Love my Big Block

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Box View Post
95 psi is low but the bottom line is that if you are happy with the performance then 95 is perfect. That little engine was never that great at climbing hills as it was designed for the fairly level playing fields of a golf course. A newly rebuild and run in engine will give you ~130 psi and cost you around $200 to do. It's your call but if you are generally happy with it I would be tempted to leave it alone.
Dave
Amen to that.. I say run em till they drop. Then do the bore over.
If you have a deeply scarred piston wall, you may have to go over .25..and the question is how many times do you want to rebuild it, if this is it, and you could care less about what happens after, go ahead and bore the engine, put a larger jet in the carb and then put the small head back on and you will have a running little motor.
csason is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO