lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2011, 07:20 AM   #11
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 85 Club Car DS Axle bolt

Yup thats exactly where the bolt is. My friend thought it was a vent so I assume hes's right. Thanks everyone for your help on this and for identifying that for me. Strange that it isn't in the service manual. So I guess I could have left the extra fluid in just neede to tighten that bolt down. I'll start looking for information on the other transmission types so I know what I have.

Jim
jpmcdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #12
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

I just thought of something. If I have a service manual for a different transmission than what is on my cart, then I wonder if the 80-90WT oil is right?
Old 05-10-2011, 03:32 PM   #13
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I, personally, don't think it matters that much, but if it concerns you, maybe someone will chime in that knows!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #14
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks,

I did call a dealer and spoke to the manager of the service dept. They told me they always put 80-90WT in both so I should be okay but they could'nt tell me what brand diff. or trans. I might have based on my description.
Old 05-10-2011, 04:37 PM   #15
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

This is a Kawasaki differential (again... without my fingers! )

See the bolts that hold the split casing together? (viewed from the drivers side)
It's to my understanding, that on Graziano differentials, those bolts are on the passenger side.

and then there is the Kawasaki "unitized" transaxle, which looks TOTALLY different from the other two:

Just an FYI!

Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM   #16
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Don. What I should do is get a picture of it the next time i get down to the lake of the Ozarks. The right passenger side has two bolts and says Clue Car on the case. On the driver side, there is a drain plug on the bottom but a rubber plug about mid way up that has oil on the plug it's self.

Jim
Old 05-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #17
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

I think Kawasaki may be the brand I have. i searched google with the following - club car diferential rubber fill plug -and found this post on Buggies unlimited: however research now tells me that late 1986 to 1991 has a Kawasaki differential and a rubber oil plug and the 1984 to early 1986 has a Fuji differential and a screw -type oil fill plug-- mine has the rubber oil plug - is it possible I have a 1986 differential in a 1985 cart ??? as this would make a big difference on the right oil seal and bearing. Is it a big job to replace such --?? --also how do I go about doing it --?? Thanks again for your help--ronobronob

Private messageTop
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report this postReply with quoteby Cartfixer » Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:17 pm

The 84-86 fuji diff had problems, many were replaced under warranty and some not. When they did break, the newer style is installed. Thats your case here. Use parts for the newer rear.

This is gettin me closer but I don't know what brand they may have replaced the differential with.

Jim
Old 05-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #18
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Hey Jim...
Don't sweat what brand you have, unless you want to put high speed gears in it!

You'll be just fine with whatever you have! (as long as the leak has stopped!)

Old 05-11-2011, 07:11 AM   #19
jpmcdo
Not Yet Wild

Thanks,

I think you're right I just wanted to be sure I had the right gear oil and amount. Thanks everyone for your help.

Jim
Old 07-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #20
wooly15
Gone Wild

jp, I have an 84 cc and seem to be in the same boat as you. Im confused on my rear end because I have the supposed later model with the rubber fill plug. I have the bolt on the axle tube that leaks as well. I can't find a replacement part, so what did you do to fix your leak?
wooly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car