lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2011, 08:59 PM   #1
kymike
Gone Wild

Default club car help

i have a 98 gas club car it doesnt have much power, i did a compression test its only around 80 to 85. do you think its just rings or will it need a comp rebuild
kymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-29-2011, 02:19 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: club car help

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymike View Post
i have a 98 gas club car it doesnt have much power, i did a compression test its only around 80 to 85. do you think its just rings or will it need a comp rebuild
Squirt some oil into the plug hole KY and then immediately re-do your compression check. A sharp increase will point to a ring / bore issue, no change would indicate a valve problem.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 09:56 AM   #3
on_the_fly
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: club car help

did you alreay adjust the valves? (i seen the thread you were asking how to adjust them just a day or so ago.) if so did you do a compression test before you made the adjustment? and i also agree with invalid on adding some oil through the spark plug hole and doing a quick compresion test. if it turns out to be ring bypass you might just be able to get by with just new rings, but if ya got the motor that far tore down might as well rebuild unless money holds ya back.
on_the_fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car