lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default interesting problem

1998 DS runs intermitently. runs fine for a few seconds, then dies, then restarts. brand new micro switches, but i appear to be missing something. just to reiterate, the cart runs perfectly during run time, but dies and then restarts intermitently. fuel delivery is good but losing spark at the no start condition. no spark at plug during the no spark condition.i have disconnected the rev limiter via ground wire and am at a loss as to where to check next.

does someone have a definitive step-down on where to go, what to check, and what the average ohm readings should be across the various ignition components?

Chris

Last edited by invalidsession; 08-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: mistake in typing
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-08-2010, 02:32 PM   #2
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: interesting problem

ignition.pdf

ignition 1.pdf

ignition 2.pdf

ignition 3.pdf

ignition 4.pdf

This is from the 2004 hope it helps i have one more to send could not put it on this one don't know how.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #3
papaw
Gone Wild

Club Car

ignition 5.pdf

this is the last one.
papaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i would replace the coil/ignitor combo unit they have a habit of going bad..............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
i would replace the coil/ignitor combo unit they have a habit of going bad..............................
Thanks to both Shadow and Paw for the information, I assume this is an engine out job judging by the lack of clearance between the motor and the frame ?

Thanks again guys.

Chris.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

i have never taken the engine out to change one.........get the exhaust out of the way and the plastic shroud comes off in 2 peices the center peice has 4 phillips heads holding it on the other peice has seceral 10mm bolts a few are hard to get to but you can.......................its a little tough but it can be done just take your time....................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #7
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I ran through Papaws most interesting test sequence and got the following; Test before start up across the plug wire and ground = 9.05 Ohms, ran the cart for a couple of minutes on a gasoline top up run and the bugger wouldn't re-start, instantly checked the previous measurements and came up with precisely the same readings but no spark at the plug
I clipped a 1/2" off the plug wire ( seen the wire get torn loose before) and re-attached the plug cap but no change. This is killing me. The cart ran perfectly all the way until I shut her off but then exhibits a "no spark" condition when I want to move again. I never shifted out of F , just let her idle down to a stop yet no re-start. If anyone can shed shed some light on this scenario it would be extremely well recieved and that is with no disrespect to the very well intentioned and pertinent points that I have already recieved from my respected peers at this site. I'm reluctant to splash $100 on a new igniter/coil on the off chance that this may fix the problem but i'm open to all suggestions at this point since i'm tearing my hair out and I aint got much left !!
Cheers folks.

Chris.
Old 08-09-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
mjrowley
Gone Wild

i try this!
mjrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 11:25 PM   #9
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

"shed shed "
Old 08-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #10
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrowley View Post
i try this!
Try what Mrjowley ?? I'm open to suggestions right now

Chris.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car