lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2011, 06:59 AM   #1
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New Motor...Need Help

Ok I had a local shop in Augusta to bore out my 295 to a 375. The motor came out very easily, no problems. Went to put it back in last night and I can not get the bolts to line back up in the back. The bolts that attach the wishbone part that holds the rear end to the motor. Any help from anyone that has done a swap. Everything should be the same. I took out a 295 and putting in a new rebuilt 295. Confused and frustrated...Thanks
cullumj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Motor...Need Help

I use a floor jack under the motor to raise or lower it until the bolts line up.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks scotty...yea I tried that and the wishbone seems to raise and lower with it, so its not helping the problem. I am of towards the passenger side about 1/8th of an inch and cant seem to move it the other direction. The flange that bolts the muffler to the wishbone is in the way. overwhelmed
Old 10-20-2011, 08:40 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Take the motor back out and with a bar pry the muffler over where you know it needs to be. It may have gotten bent in transit or? This is doesn't sound like a big deal to me.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 08:49 AM   #5
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

get worked up easily I guess...Been working on it for a few hours. I will try to take it back out and bend it a little....I was going to losen the rear end U-botls and try to postion it correctly. Your way sounds better!! You the man!
Old 10-21-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
cullumj1
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ended up talking the muffler off and everything lined up perfectly....lessons learned on first swap!! thanks for the help!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO