lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-02-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
big_red_300
Not Yet Wild

Default 01 club car regen wont move

Ive got an 01 club car regen 48volt that wont move. Ive tried a new controller and solenoid and tested the motor on a low volt(8 volt) test and it worked. When I press the gas the motor makes a high pitch whining noise but thats it. I did alot of voltage measuring and this is what im getting:
Battery voltage 49.6
key on in run mode. These are the wires on the motor.
throttle not pressed: throttle pressed:
green 47.9 49.6
orange .05 7.6
white 47.9 49.5
blue 0 .175

Wires on solenoid:
blue/white(small post) 48.8 .914
blue(small post) 48.8 47.8
red(big post) 49.6 49.5
yellow(big post) 47.9 49.5

Ive tried taking a piece of wire from the blue wire on the solenoid to the main battery negative. It made the solenoid click but nothing happened when i pressed the throttle. I can hear the microswitch under the floor mat click when i press the throttle. Ive tryed everything i know of. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
big_red_300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 01 club car regen wont move

you have to use a peice of 6 gage cable and jump large post on solenoid.......have you tested/ load tested batteries? 49.6 isn,t alot as a good fully charged set should be closer to 52 so i think i would load test and see what voltage is dropping to.............is this something that just started or did you get it this way ???.........................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
big_red_300
Not Yet Wild

I got the cart this way. I havent load tested the batteries yet. Ill try to get to that today. And i used the 6 ga wire and jumped from the battery side to the controller side of the solenoid. Im guessing thats what your talking about?? Whats throwing me off is that there is the same amount of voltage on both sides of the solenoid at all times. Whether the trrottle is pressed or not. And the fact that the motor whines when you press the throttle but i did a low voltage check on the motor and it worked foward and backwards. I did check the batteries with a volt meter and they were about 8.1 - 8.2 volts. Ill try to load test them asap. Whats the best way to load test them is it individually or all together. I have both load testers. And I really appreciate the help.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you have a load test just use it test each one in case theres only one bad one if any......it only takes one..........as for solenoid jump the 2 large post on solenoid itself where the cables are bolted......don,t jump from controller..........solenoid could have fried that way ( possible ) but need to start somewhere..................................
Old 12-06-2011, 12:53 AM   #5
big_red_300
Not Yet Wild

ok thanks for the help. I went ahead and load tested all of them together. They lasted around 75 minutes. I couldnt find the time they are supposed to run for on the batteries. I think the 6 volt is 105 minutes so if ifs the same for the 8volts then the batteries only have around 75% life. Is this enough to make the cart not run? Im gonna recharge the batteries tomorrow and do the individual load test on each of them. By the way the batteries are trojans. Once again I really appreciate the help.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #6
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

it might be enough to run......load test each one to at least eliminate them as problem...................................
Old 12-06-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

Does this have an MCOR throttle? MCORs are prone to failure causing this problem. There are two things that go wrong. One is the cheap switch inside... even though you hear it click it may not be good.
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 06:47 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

CJ as i,m not really sur thats why i didn,t mention it does an 01 have an M-cor? i thought they came out later other than that kit they sell to convert...........................
Old 12-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #9
cheapjeep2
Gone Wild

Club Car

MCORs started showing up on PDPLUS carts (power drive plus) which is also known as REGEN2.... 2000-2002, IQ started being made in 2002 as well, which also use MCOR
cheapjeep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:05 AM   #10
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep2 View Post
MCORs started showing up on PDPLUS carts (power drive plus) which is also known as REGEN2.... 2000-2002, IQ started being made in 2002 as well, which also use MCOR

.............thank you sir.................................
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car