lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 AM   #1
Bill In Georgia
Not Yet Wild

Default Is This Voltage Performance Typical...??? (Long Read)

OK …1993 Club Cart-36 volt …. Brand New batteries, now on its 10 full charge...all charges run till the charger shuts down…

Have a 12 volt converter that drops 36 to 12 volts, have a set of lights, horn hooked up on its own switch.

Gave the cart a full charge and the other night and the wife and I followed the “Trick or Treat Hay Ride Wagon” through the neighborhood.…

On level or downhill the carts got plenty of speed, but put it on a 10 to 20 degree grade, and it slows to a craw, with the petal/wiper to the floor (wife wanted to know if she could get out and push...?)….but most disturbing and dangerous was when I had to floor it to keep up the speed the lights went out….I had to run it on the first or second pedal step to keep the lights on…..

Now I have rebuilt this cart with brakes, tie rods, tires (18 Pounds), shocks, springs, and # 4 battery cables.

Right now I think is is an old technology cart....power is fed to the input of a "Wiper Switch" which feeds a varied voltage to a series of wire wound resistors which supply different DC voltages to the motor...Can a cart this old be set up with a "Motor Controller Output Regulator"? And will it do better with my above problem??

Also;
I have 50 feet of #2 wire and new lugs and a connectors punch so I will change all the #6 cables from the controller to the resistors…will this be a marked improvement in voltage transfer?

But can a motor lose it power torque…??? Or just maybe I need a higher HP motor..??

Where would one hide a battery just for the lights etc…???
…………………………………………………………………
I’m a little discouraged that I didn’t hunt for a newer model or went with a gas driven unit….and hope this is not typical of a battery driven cart....

Any Idea’s…???

-Bill
Bill In Georgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2008, 09:03 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: Is This Voltage Performance Typical...??? (Long Read)

i would lwt it charge a few more times and see what happens as when they break in its thats fast likle turning a switch on ........most carts take 10 to 12 cycles but i have see some take 15 to 17 before they break in so i would give it a few more cycles............................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car