lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2021, 05:36 PM   #11
Capthook
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: New Gas Cart Questions

I'm sorry what i meant was i would not use ethanol added fuel. Thanks ElDiablo
Capthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-27-2021, 10:14 PM   #12
TeXaS29
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capthook View Post
My 2016 EZ-GO has a factory fuel gage and I for one regardless of opinion would/will use ethanol fuel unless absolutely necessary. the price of quality fuel is very little compared to the cost of damage, poor performance. alcohol attracts moisture and that's a known fact that is why it is illegal to put ethanol in marine fuel. Just do your homework and do what you feel best. Welcome, Good luck and enjoy your new ride.
Thanks for response. Figured you were saying NOT. So even with treatment like star tron or similar, you would drive 20+ miles to find ethanol free 87?
TeXaS29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:18 PM   #13
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I really believe this- if you use it regularly, average pump gas will be fine. If it sits for long periods, ethanol-free might be better. The sticker on newer yamaha gas tanks say "E10" (10% ethanol) is fine if I recall.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:51 PM   #14
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I use regular, though I think some brands are better than others here one of my cars really likes BP standard better than the other no name fuel. Some people I know have problems and run offroad fuel they have here, its 100% gas. They use it in ATV and whatever. Its more than regular, its not the offroad fuel farmers use. Some people say their blowers and lawn equipment and atv/etc run better or start better. I've not had a problem with regular. Way back when I worked at a golf course they bought substandard fuel it was 85 octane or something it was lower than regular, it was cheaper, the golf carts were 6:1 compression and didn't care.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha