lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-29-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
forktech
Not Yet Wild

Default Tomberlin E-Merge 500 / 2009

I have a Tomberlin that is giving me a status code on the 1268 Curtis controller. Got the unit from a customer that stated that the unit has set for about two years. He replaced the batteries and was told that the throttle was out. He replaced the throttle assy and still has no fwd/rev. He sent the cart to me. I have noticed that when you flip the tow/run switch to run, the controller starts with the 1-2 code, indicating throttle fault 1, wiper signal OOR.
I am in the process of putting the old throttle assy. back in just to be sure.
I have also noticed that when you turn the key switch on, the contactors do not make contact and come on.

Any ideas as to where to start. I do have a Curtis 1313-4401 programmer to assist me.
forktech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #2
Jonb
Not Yet Wild
Tomberlin

Default Re: Tomberlin E-Merge 500 / 2009

mine did the same thing. I've spent 100's of hours doing research. Pull your throttle assembly out....take cover off to expose the effect sensor. the 3 wire plug should be red, black, blue in that order.....if not reverse the plug . Plug back into cart to see what it does for you. if that solves your problem with movement then there is one more thing to do ....switch your f1 and f2 cables on your motor. Let me know what this info does for you. thanks
Jonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin