lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2020, 06:26 PM   #11
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Default Re: BigBattery Golf Cart 42.9v LiFePO4 and 600A Navitas on 2014 Ezgo RXV

Got an update from Navitas today, they did some testing for their new app and it needs some more testing, so will take a few more days. Just want to keep this post updated for anyone else reading and waiting.

I'm currently in the middle of re-spraying my cart which will take me most of this week and the weekend, so hopefully i get the update at weekend or early next week and then i will post back here any update/ news.
MrBritGolfFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2020, 06:11 PM   #12
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Default Re: BigBattery Golf Cart 42.9v LiFePO4 and 600A Navitas on 2014 Ezgo RXV

Nothing new as yet, have not heard from Navitas.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:14 PM   #13
Fireplug808
Not Yet Wild

any news? I am looking at this battery also. I have a 36volt txt cart with a 400 alltrax. I am thinking this would work good but would like some real world feedback. Im about to build a 36 txt but convert it to 48 with the AC navitas conversion. looking at the roypow but ouch.$$
Fireplug808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:48 PM   #14
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireplug808 View Post
any news? I am looking at this battery also. I have a 36volt txt cart with a 400 alltrax. I am thinking this would work good but would like some real world feedback. Im about to build a 36 txt but convert it to 48 with the AC navitas conversion. looking at the roypow but ouch.$$
Navitas told me last week I should expect a call by the end of last week, but didn’t get one. Apparently any day now they are updating the dealer app to allow for lithium. I hope it is this week.

As soon as I get the update I will post back.

Main problem with the bigbattery product is it’s amps may not be high enough for some carts. The RXV can pull (from what I hear) 500+ amps. Just testing my RXV I got 350 amps. The bigbattery pack didn’t break down, BMS still worked, breaker never tripped (even though rated for 120a, I guess my 350 was a surge that didn’t last long).

The supplied BMS does not have Bluetooth so also it’s hard to know if it is working or not. I’ve emailed bigbattery a few times lately, and never hear back from their sales guy, really disappointed with that, as i was hoping to write some great things, but that just annoys me a lot, customer service should be a priority imo. They sell as a golf cart drop in, but it is not.

Tech direct, which is not connected to BB, sell this on eBay. And they seem to be much more responsive with questions. I might have purchased from them if I could go back.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:50 PM   #15
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Here are some pics:

EF49DC18-4076-4093-8268-545704008C7A.jpg

156907D9-00E5-4E4C-AA51-5CB4BCEFB4D0.jpg
Old 08-09-2020, 09:54 PM   #16
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Also, I wired aN inline 300amp fuse from the + to a selector switch (400a marine grade) then wired a direct lead from + to selector switch (if the amp blows I can at least select bypass and get home). I also took out their 120a breaker, and their 8awg wire and replaced with 4awg.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:55 PM   #17
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

I also added my own temp sensor into the battery housing and fed that all the way to my dash. I was disappointed to not see any temp sensors in the battery.
Old 08-12-2020, 08:03 PM   #18
MrBritGolfFan
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Glad to hear that. I was hoping that me talking about it recently would motivate them to fix that particular item. I'm wanting to get to the point that I can fully recommend Navitas upgrades for RXV owners. It'll definitely reduce my workload of Curtis controller reprogrammings.
Hi Bob

Still no fix from Navitas.

Would my old 235A Curtis amp work or would it need reprogramming?

Is there another controller you know of that could work and also work with my voltage ranges?

Thanks for any help.
Old 08-12-2020, 10:30 PM   #19
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBritGolfFan View Post
Hi Bob

Still no fix from Navitas.

Would my old 235A Curtis amp work or would it need reprogramming?

Is there another controller you know of that could work and also work with my voltage ranges?

Thanks for any help.
Yes, your Curtis controller can be reprogrammed for that and the speed/torque. I do it all of the time. I'm currently in central Florida helping a friend get his machine shop set up. Will be heading home early next week for a Drs appt, then lay out the route for my next programming trip. Send a PM to usgicollector and give him your information. He is the best one to help you get in contact with me.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 10:54 AM   #20
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBritGolfFan View Post
Nothing new as yet, have not heard from Navitas.

I just got a dealer app update for the Navitas Tac2 that has a 36v option for nominal pack voltage. That is what you needed for you pack to work. Have you seen that yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO