lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #1
Warksie
Not Yet Wild

Default FE290 inner clutch shive.

I am replacing some gaskets in my FE290 do to an oil leak. I pulled the outer portion of the clutch off the crankshaft with a puller and cannot get the inner side to move. I have broken a piece out of the inner shive using my 3 jaw puller. Wondering what’s a good way to remove the primary clutch inner shive?
Warksie is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-21-2021, 12:58 AM   #2
Warksie
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: FE290 inner clutch shive.

My cart is a 1998 club car ds. The only remaining piece on the crankshaft is the inner clutch shive. I had my other puller and pulled the outer portion off. (Where the weights are located in outer shive). Then a 1” ring came off with a spring, also a nylon bushing and now I just have the inner portion of the shive on the crank shaft. I’m guessing maybe some heat and an outside puller is normally used?
Old 01-21-2021, 05:39 AM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

You need to get the correct clutch puller. The whole clutch comes off as one piece, no need to disassemble. I’d highly recommend buying the correct one, but you can make one as well. If you make one be sure to use grade 8 or higher hardware. Soft bolts can mushroom inside the end of the crankshaft and then you’re in much bigger trouble.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 08:52 PM   #4
Warksie
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys, I pulled the clutch apart in pieces by mistake.
Thanks for the advise.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car