lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2010, 10:57 AM   #1
sivart
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 g16e charger question

I recently upgraded my cart with a d&d torque motor,altrax700amp controller,500a solenoid and 00 welding cable.for a 36 volt cart it was a power house but I wanted more so I sold my new 6v batteries and bought 8v,,,, got on eBay and purchased a new charger (clubcar 13a 48v) since the change over I seem to have built a beast,,, my issue is when changing the ends on the charger I noticed am extra wire that is blue and the only way to get the charger to kick on was to connect the blue to ground.. problem is the charger won't shut off even after two days of charging.. goes down to 3a and stays there. my concern is that it will boil the batteries.. can any one tell me why to do to get the charger to recognize that it is charged and get it to shut off.
sivart is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2010, 10:56 PM   #2
bhfear
EZ-GO-N

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2000 g16e charger question

You might as well put that charger back up on ebay, It isnt going to work on your cart, unless you have a club car with an on board computer, If your charger looks like this dump it, and get a standard 48v Lester
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5715.jpg (37.0 KB, 3 views)
bhfear is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha