lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #1
webloggins
Not Yet Wild

Default Please Advise On Buying New Charger

After buying new batteries My lester charger for a 48 Volt cart will not charge What would be the best replacement charge to buy? I am new to this site and will be very active in the future as i am wanting to lift my cart and upgrade it. From reading here I haven't started out with the best basics tho as I own a Fairplay cart and info is hard to come by the same with parts...PLEASE ADVISE ME ON WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST CHARGER TO PURCHASE? THanks
webloggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2013, 01:16 PM   #2
webloggins
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Please Advise On Buying New Charger

Whats the best kind to buy?
Old 03-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
rib33024

Default Re: Please Advise On Buying Niew Charger

Welcome to BGW

i guess this a fairplay cart, posted in the ezgo forum?? - any of our sponsors will have what you need, http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/site-sponsors.php

here's a good charger,
http://www.cartsunlimited.net/48v_Battery_Charger.html
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
rib33024

Ok found this,, moved to Fairplay forum

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/star-...tml#post859468
Old 03-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Lester is a top name in GC chargers. If it worked before the new batteries were put in maybe it is an install problem? Check for 48v in the charger receptacle where the plug goes before you write off the charger.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:11 AM   #6
rib33024

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Lester is a top name in GC chargers. If it worked before the new batteries were put in maybe it is an install problem? Check for 48v in the charger receptacle where the plug goes before you write off the charger.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
webloggins
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Please Advise On Buying New Charger

Thanks For your replies The charger will not come on at all no clicks with batteries plugged in I got an older lester 2 48v charger and tried it it works fine The charger I have is a SCR charger and according to manufacturer date was made in 2006. I tried a new relay and that didnt work, I am thinking it is probably the electronic timer on it.I am not sure how to test for that as the troubleshooting manual at Lester only shows the older type charger with capacitor and the timer in place of where the manual on-off switch was at. I read the smae battery voltage at batteries as I do in the charger at the amp gauge and the black ac input line wire .Dc voltage is same there any ideas? HEY THANKS SCOTTYB AND RIB33024 for repliis much appreciated.

Tags
new charger the best one?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Star and Fairplay