lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

Default Need input

I ran across this on Craig's list showed my wife the pic and she likes it. So i have a few questions.
1. How restorable are these carts? I.e. parts availability, trim moldings and the like.
2. Can anyone identify the year/model
3. Supposed to run good with no issue except that it needs batteries. The old batteries are gone so no cores. Wants $200 for the cart is this reasonable?
Shazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

Forgot pic sorry
Old 07-21-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Need input

Your 800 inwith batteries? Is that a price youare ok with?
1. Not very...look at vintagegolfcarts.com
2. My guess is early 80s go to website above
3. Price is what u r comfortable with. Go see a apt. Complex and see what you can get. Look in our sale section and what is close to you. Im not a fan of 3 wheelers so maybe im jaded and i have/HAD TWO melex and not much support for them in the after market. I have a 512 for sale now.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #4
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epb View Post
Your 800 inwith batteries? Is that a price youare ok with?
1. Not very...look at vintagegolfcarts.com
2. My guess is early 80s go to website above
3. Price is what u r comfortable with. Go see a apt. Complex and see what you can get. Look in our sale section and what is close to you. Im not a fan of 3 wheelers so maybe im jaded and i have/HAD TWO melex and not much support for them in the after market. I have a 512 for sale now.
Thanks for the reply. I did a little interweb surfing and then went and looked at it. I found that even though their very similar to the old 3 wheel ezgos parts seem to be scarce. Im not a fan of a 3 wheeler for myself but my wife likes the look of them and she just wanted to putt around on it. Anyway, after looking at it I desided against it. The battery compartment had is fair share of rust as did part of the floorboard, had a few dents, and all the trim needed refinishing. I have no doubt that I could have restored it as I have a background in auto body and I am a welder/fabricator but im just not sure it is a prodject I need to add to my list. Think im just going to keep my eyes open for one of the old harley 3 wheelers. I like the body on them a lot better. Trick is finding one that someone hasnt completely ruined with distaste or hasn't completely over priced because its a "Harley Davidson"..,,:cool:
Old 07-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #5
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Looks almost EXACTLY like my 3 wheel Marathons, wonder if the parts would interchange? My guess is yes - Marathon parts are easy to come by. I'd personally go for it, but then again as a guy who owns 3 "tripod" carts, one and a half of which run, I guess I'm a little biased.

Here's a decent looking deal dependent on where you live: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-h...nd-harley.html
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 04:26 PM   #6
crash test dummy

i would for $200 ... not much to fix up ..electronics very ez to replace ... now if you want a racer i say pass it by but a fun run -a- round cart
Old 07-22-2014, 06:29 PM   #7
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:22 PM   #8
Shazo
Not Yet Wild

If it wasnt for all the body work it needs I probably would have jumped on it but honestly the whole compartment needs to be cut apart and rebuilt to do it right. It pretty bad under the seat and you cant see it in the pic but the other side is all pushed in ad that to the dent in the rear and the rust.... well theres just a lot of work there and I just decided it wasnt for me.
Texted the guy back the other day because a buddy of mine thought it would make a good mobile duck blind but he wasnt willing to give more then $100 for it and the guy said he would just keep it if thats all he coukd get out of it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Melex